Chapter 05: Transformation

**KAYE'S POV**

My cerebrum is thinking about his brown eyes, his sexy hair, his breathtaking smile, and his thin lips. Ugh! Kaye Summer! What is your brain doing?! This vital organ that functions as a pump, providing a continuous circulation of blood through the body by way of the cardiac cycles that is contained in the mediastinum in the thoracic cavity of the thorax, is beating fast when I think about Troy Evans. Why? Why? Why?

"Hey Kaye!" a cheerful voice greeted me.

"Hi Jules!" How can she be so beautiful? Her icy blue eyes looked like there were diamond studs on it. And her golden blonde hair cascaded over her shoulders. She really looks like a walking Barbie doll. I can't help but feel insecure.

"I have something for you! Here." She said as she gave me an Eiffel Tower key chain.

"Wow! It looks cute! Thank you Jules!" I beamed at her. Wow she remembers when I told her I like Eiffel Tower during Chemistry class.

"No biggie!"

I'm glad that I have a friend now in East High. I didn't expect that Jules would be so kind to me even though I'm not the kind of person people would expect her to hang out with.

"Hi babe!" I froze in my seat. That voice. My heart started to skip a beat, Troy Evans..

He placed his hand on my shoulder, "I enjoyed last night." His lips formed a mischievous grin.

Everyone's eyes widened including mine, some of the girls were jaw-slacked when they heard Troy. My face started to redden. They whispered amongst each other,

"Are they really together?"

"Is that for real?"

I noticed that Jules seemed shocked like the others. But there was something more, like she was more surprised than the others, more affected. I wondered. People stopped whispering when Ms. Simon entered the room. I sighed in relief. She saved me from embarrassment! This jerk is insane.

"What are you doing Evans?!" I whispered furiously.

"What? I have to show off that you're my girlfriend remember?" He defended.

"By calling me babe and telling me you enjoyed last night? People would think something gross happened between us!" I snarled.

"Like sharing unhygienic bacteria?" he let out a big grin causing his dimples to show. "By the way, we're going somewhere after school."

What does he mean we're going somewhere!? His breaking the rules!

"You forgot rule #3! We can't go out during weekdays and Saturday! I'm not going with you!"

**

I know I said I wasn't going anywhere but because Troy dragged me across the parking lot awhile ago, I am here inside the Hilton Queen. It is like a mansion with full of different clothes, accessories and shoes. I'm not supposed to be in this kind of place!

"Why are we here?" I peered at him.

"We're here to eat. Are you hungry?" offering his hand to me like a butler in sarcasm Oh sarcasm! I'm supposed to be in my room reading The Book Thief!

"Troy! I'm not even kidding!" I muttered.

"We're here to buy you normal clothes." He said and pointed his finger at me "Look at you, you look like a nun."

"You're insulting me again! You're breaking rule #4! And I can't afford the clot-"

"I'll pay for it okay? You don't have to worry about anything." He sighed, "You don't want people to bully you right? This is the first step."

My eyes widened like watermelons, "First step? What do you mean?"

"The first step to your transformation." he waved his hands in a magical manner with the tone of a magician.

Wait! What transformation? It isn't even part of the deal. A girl walked up to Troy and asked "So who did you want me to pretty up?" as she clapped her hands in excitement and smiled so brightly at him.

"She's right here," as he waved his hands like a butler would welcome someone to a house. He sounds so eager to have me fixed up. Is the way I look, really that bad?

"Oh my..." Shocked as she covered her mouth. "She needs a lot of work, but she's got potential." she said while nodding with her eyes closed. She grinned at Troy and asked "When can I start working on her?"

"ASAP, Now if you'd like." he said looking at me for confirmation.

I thought about it for a minute while looking into their eyes. They looked eager about my make over. The stylist was smiling so brightly with her blond hair perfectly kept and her pretty blue eyes looking back at me. You could tell that she was very professional about her work because of how she dressed. Just what you would expect of a stylist, very flashy. She even was prepared to start now with her bag full of things you'd find in a salon.

"Fine." I sighed in agreement and went with them.

She led me to a seat inside the salon. She examined my face quickly and thought about what style would look good on me. Once she had an idea she quickly wrapped me in a sheet to cover my hair from falling. She cut and straightened some parts of my hair. I closed my eyes and tried to relax and a few moments later she started plucking my eyebrows.

"Ow!" I shouted. "Is this really necessary?!" I asked in frustration.

"Trust me my dear, you're in good hands" she said while giving me a friendly smile. I closed my eyes and try to relax despite the pain of her plucking my eyebrows.

"It's done!" I opened my eyes and the stylist passed me a mirror with a smile of proudness in her work. I touched my face and in disbelief that this is how I look now.

"Amazing." I said in complete awe.

** TROY'S POV**

I've been waiting here for two hours and I'm really losing my patience now. The stylist doesn't really need to take that long to fix her up because she's already beautiful. Wait, what? Did I just call Kaye Summer beautiful? No way. Despite of her nerdy look and how she dressed, my parents actually liked her because she's different from the other girls I dated. When we were having dinner with my family last night, I was looking at her from time to time and I could see those gorgeous green eyes beneath her thick eyeglasses. Her smile was genuine and innocent and she actually shows respect and kindness to my brother Jason.

"We're done! I'm proud to present to you my perfect creation!"

Kaye Summer walked out of the door and my eyes widened in shock. She's wearing a red dress that shows her perfect curves and legs. Her brown hair is perfectly curled up and she isn't wearing her thick eyeglasses anymore. She looks absolutely stunning.

"So um, how do I look?" Kaye asked shyly.

"You look okay." I didn't want to tell her she looks stunning because she might find it weird. But to be honest, she's the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

END OF CHAPTER 05