Chapter 01: Meeting the Player

CHAPTER 01: MEETING THE PLAYER

**KAYE’S POV**

It’s my first day here in East High. The fact that I don’t even know anyone in this school makes me nervous. I feel completely stupid right now because people are staring at me in disgust. I don’t know if it’s because of my thick eye glasses or because of my baggy shirt and very long skirt. Well, maybe both. Every girl in this school wears short skirts. When I say “short” it’s when their skirt nearly shows their butts. 

“Oh my God.  Look at her. Isn’t she creepy?”

“I know right! She’s ugly as hell.”

Two blonde girls were talking about me. I’m not surprised anymore because I get that reaction a lot from most people when they see me. I am different from others. People always tell me I’m weird, ugly and boring and I'm used being called a nun because I'm conservative. And yes, I’m a virgin. I didn’t have any friends in my school except for my books. Oh, my favorite book is Harry Potter by the way. Who would want to hang out with a girl like me? I'm an outcast, a nobody. The bell rang and an old lady entered the room.

“Okay class! I’m Ms. Helen Simon, your professor in Literature. I know most of you think this subject is boring. You only need to do two things for you to pass. Always attend my class and participate. As simple as that.” Wow. She talks so fast. It’s like she only said it for 5 seconds! Everyone in class groaned except me. Ms. Simon was looking at a paper and said, “And oh, we have a new student. Why don’t you introduce yourself to the class?”

Everyone is looking at me. Great. Could this be more embarrassing? I stood up and walked in front of the class. Ms. Simon looked at me from head to toe.

“Hi. I um—I’m Kaye Summer.” I said while fixing my eye glasses. “I’m 18 yea—“before I could finish my sentence, the blonde girl that called me ugly shouted.

“OH MY GOD! IT’S TROY EVANS!” All the girls started giggling and jumping. Some of them took out their phones to take a picture of him. Who is Troy Evans? Is he an actor? Is he famous?  I looked at him and I was breathless, there was no air entering my lungs. I think I have a tension pneumothroax pressing on my heart. He’s wearing faded jeans and I could see his muscles beneath his black v-neck shirt. His messy brown hair is sexy.  My green eyes were glued to the hottest guy I’d seen in my life.

“QUIET PEOPLE!  YOU FORGOT YOU HAVE A TEACHER HERE!” Ms. Simon shouted angrily and everyone went back to their seats. She gave Troy a disapproving look and said, “And Mr. MVP, why are you late?”

“Sorry Ma’am. We had practice this morning.” He said while smiling. Oh my, his husky voice and gorgeous smile makes my heart beat fast. Wait, MVP? Is he an athlete?

“I don’t want to hear excuses from you anymore Mr. Evans. Like I’ve said, if you want to pass, always come to class and participate. Do I make myself clear?” she said while her arms are crossed.

“Yes Ma’am.”  He said with a grin on his face.

“You sit beside with Ms. Summer, she’s going to be a big help for you since she’s a straight-A student.” Ms. Simon looked at me, “Can you do that Ms. Summer?”