~17~

"We're going on three weeks now, Ry.  You're not getting any better.  At least that's what the doctors told me.  No improvements, but no declines, so I guess we're stuck in a standstill.  I can't tell what's worse.

"I brought in some daffodils.  I'm not sure if they're your favorite flowers, but they're pretty, and they remind me of you.  Flowers are supposed to help, from what I've read.  I just really hope it's true.

"Dr. Holland pulled me aside the other day and told me that....he told me they might have to stop caring for you because no one's paying them.  You're obviously in a coma, so you can't, and no one else is around to help.  I offered to pay for everything.  I don't care how much it costs me.  You're more important to me than all the money in the world.  I'm working overtimes.  I'm even looking at getting a second job, because this bill is running me dry, but I'll do whatever it takes.  I'm not letting them pull the plug on you and letting you die.  I'd rather they kill me instead.

"Sarah offered to help me pay the bills, too.  She applied for another job at the grocery store just for some extra money to add to the payments.  She's the one staying calm while I scream and sob because I don't know what to do anymore.  She's helped me so much these past couple of taxing weeks.  I don't know what I'd do without her.

"Some of these nurses are trying to tell me that you aren't gonna make it; I have to use everything in me to not scream at them.  They're wrong.  They're dead wrong.  You're going to make it.  I know you are.  You're strong and resilient, and I believe you can fight your way out of this.  You're too much of a fighter to give up now.  You've been suffering through your nightmares for your entire life.  You can't give up now.

"God, I'm so exhausted, Ry.  I've barely slept.  All these overtimes and juggling another job is tiring, but I know I'm doing it for you.  I'd cut off an arm and a leg if that meant you'd wake up tomorrow.  I'd take a job training the most dangerous animals in the world just to make sure you'd be okay in the end.  There's nothing I won't do for you, Ry.  Just remember that.  You mean too much to me.

"It's getting dark out.  I'm staying with you tonight, though.  Don't worry.  I don't have to be at work until 6 AM, so if you need anything during the night....I'll be right here with you, okay?  Don't be scared.  I'm here.

"I always will be."

~~~~~

Last short chapter I promise.

Do y'all want another Wednesday update or...?  The last time I did that it didn't seem like many of you got a chance to read it, but maybe now that it's Christmas vacation?  I don't know.  Let me know I guess.

I'm working on a new Ryden AU to publish after this one is finished (shh) and I'm really proud of it so far.  Four chapters down :)

I have such a migraine.  Family fun-time Christmas was exhausting, but SPEAKING OF Y'ALL MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE AND MERRY EARLY CHRISTMAS!  Or just a very happy holidays if Christmas isn't your thing.  Enjoy this time of year :D

Remember to vote/comment/share with your pals! <3