Found Out - Chapter 1

I awake to the sweet smell of bacon, eggs, and pancakes. The mapley smell invades my nose and I gladly let it in. The window is cracked open and I can feel the slight tickle of the breeze from outside. Sun beams warm my face slowly and the wonderful crisp feeling of morning wakes me up quicker. "Chancey, get up before your breakfast gets cold." Damien comes in and chuckles at me.

"What?" I look myself over. Oh. I'm tangled up in my sheets, my shirt is half way up my stomach, and both of my pillows are on the floor. I sleep crazily I guess. "Oh, huh... " I smile sheepishly and unravel myself. Damien nods and walks out of the room whistling a tune.

I walk up to my mirror and look at myself. I have this habit of looking over my morning self as soon as I get up. I can see my shirt is wrinkled up, my sweatpants are getting too small, my tail is in a tangled mess, and my hair's disheveled to the point of hiding my black ears. My ivory skin is illuminating and my beryl colored eyes are sparkling. I note that I've never looked so happy in my life.

"CHANCEY!" I hear Damien call with his deep husky voice. I chuckle and trot into the kitchen of our small cabin and smile at the sight. Damien's golden hair is pin straight, muscle shirt tight around his torso, baggy sweats, and lop sided brown ears. His tail was swaying effortlessly side to side as he continued to make his own breakfast. I see the plate he set down for me.

Stacked high with pancakes, maple syrup running down the sides, scrambled eggs to the side, and three thick strips of bacon. Yum!  "Thanks Damie!" I laugh as he blushes at the nickname. He sets a glass of grape juice in front of me as I sit down and dig in. I nod in response and he straightens my hair out, making my ears twitch. He's always done that, fixing my appearance like we're important. He scoffs as I make a contorted face.

"You, little man, need a shower." He pats my head and walks back to the stove, continuing his own breakfast. I shrug and shovel the last piece of food into my mouth. "Ya know," he began while putting food on his own plate, "as much as I tell you to shower you still get dirty." He points his fork at me as I smile guiltily. I only take a fourth of the showers he tells me to take. I mean, we're animals so why not act like them? He shakes his head as if he read my mind.

"Hey it's not my fault, water is gross!" I say truthfully. I'm like a regular house cat, hate being emersed water but LOVE to drink it. He chuckles at this commonly proclaimed sentence. My smile spreads as I hear him, making my stomach warm.  He always has that effect on me, ever since we were little. When he touches me or looks at me the right way, my stomach implodes with butterflies. But I always brush it off and think It's just a best friend thing, it's not the real deal.

"You still need to take a shower, it's really gross." He makes a face at me as he sits down at the table. I stick my tongue out at him and laugh as he chokes on his bacon. Oh my lord he's going to be the death of me. I stare off into space thinking about my past and Damien. He's one year older than me, 17, and he's been my friend since birth. Sigh...  "Chancey?" I jump at his voice.

"What?" I ask innocently. He chuckles and points his thumb behind him.

"Do you want to take a bath now or do I have to escort you to the lake?"  I stare blankly at him, thinking of my answer carefully. Do I want him to come with me? Yes... of course I do. But what excuses can I make up?

"Well, we both know I won't actually bathe if I'm by myself." I laugh and shrug. Nicely played Chancer. Win~

"Oh my lord you're so mature." He sarcastically replied while putting our plates in the sink. "Let's go you big baby." He smirks at me. I stick my tungue out at him and scrunch my face up. Jerk!

We make our way outside into the beautiful day. The calm breeze ruffles through my hair a bit and the smell of trees hits me. I absolutely love days like this, it makes me think this world is slowly becoming better from the screwed up society we have today. I can hear the flowing water in the distance and cringe. "Damien?" I call him quietly.

He looks over his shoulder, "Hmm?" His brow furrows.

"Do... do I have to be clean? I mean, we do live in an icolated place." I was swaying my tail slowly by the end of my sentence and me ears flat against my head. Yeah, I know I sound like a baby but I honestly despise bathing in water. He sighed and patted my cheek.

"Yes, Chancey, you have to. I don't want to have to smell your discusting body odor all day." Damien smiled softly and stopped at the edge of the lake. I frowned down at the water and touched my cheek where his hand once was.

"I think I'm gonna be-" Damien covered my mouth with his hand and made a shushing noise. His ears were up and alert and his eyes were darting side to side behind us. I slowly turned around, mimicking his actions. Did he hear something? See something?

"When I say run, you run." Damien whispered very quietly and slowly into my ear. I supressed my shiver and nodded. I heard a couple snaps from the left and saw a shawdow forming. Oh god I'm not ready for this. "Run!" He yelled and we both started to sprint through the heavily wooded area, away from the being.

"Damien what's going on?" I asked between long breaths as we continued to run. He looked behind him at me. His face held so much sadness.

"We've been found out Chancey. And we need to run some more." My heart sunk at his words. That cabin was our home and we're being chased out of it. I heard shouting but I couldn't hear anything, my heart was the only thing pounding in my ears. "Chancey keep up!" Damien pulled on my wrist to make me go faster.

We were now running for our lives. "STOP!" We were leaving our home behind. "YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!" We dodged trees and sharp rocks taking sharp gurns to lose our chaser. "STOP!" The voice was fading more and more with each quickened step.

The only thing I could think about was the words Damien had said. Wd've been found out. What are we going to do?

-*-*-*-*-

Please comment, I would love to know what you guys think of this! Thank you~