Lana

"Lana!" I pounded on the door with shaky hands and heavy breath. No one answered.

"Lana!" I screamed again, this time louder and pounded harder. Still, no one answered. I looked around helplessly. Her car was in the drive way, but the lights where off.

She never left the house with the lights on. Even when we where kids, she would turn all the lights in the house off before we went anywhere, even if it was only for a few second.

I sighed and threw my back against the door, allowing my legs to slowly bend and sit down. I put my head in my hands.

A part of me wanted to blow my brains out, just to stop thinking of Evie. My mind wouldn't stop playing the memories like a vinyl in a record player.

I just sat there, thinking about her green eyes. They where too detailed to picture perfectly, but I could envision them pretty well. Like glass. So strong and beautiful, yet delicate. Nice to carry around and admire, but if you drop her, she'll shatter.

And I dropped her.

"Connor?" I recognized that voice from anywhere.

"Lana!" I yelled. I jumped up to hug her.

"I'm gross," she said, stopping me. She had sweat trickling down her forehead, shoulders, and all down her back.

"Sorry. You running?" I asked.

She nodded, "so?"

"How've you been?" I asked, trying to prolong telling her why I was here for as long as possible.

"Connor."

"Can I come in?" I scratched my head.

"Why?" She asked.

"Please?"

"That's not an answer."

"I'll explain later."

"Or you'll just take off tomorrow morning without saying a word." She crossed her arms.  I took a deep breath. She knew me too well.

"I don't have anywhere else to go. Please," I begged. She sighed, and led me over to the front door.

"You've been here before. Couch is over there, bathrooms there, there's pizza rolls in the fridge, but don't help yourself to anything else," she pointed in different places as she took her coat off and headed to her room.

"Wait-" I started, just before she closed her door.

"Yeah?" She peeked her head through.

"Thank you."

She smiled a little, "don't drink my wine."