Chapter Eleven

Unedited.

Eden came to with in a flurry of movements, her legs thrashing against fabric and her head jerked back, sending her muscles alight with pain. Tears prickled and burned her eyes as everything came rushing back.

"Hush, Berserker, you are fine." The voice of her new alpha spoke softly. "At least as stable as you'll get at the moment." Valkan added quietly.

Eden's eyes flickered open, dry and itchy from the uncontrollable battalion of tears that had been unleashed earlier. A weak cough wracked through her chest and burned as she felt the force go through the gouges in her back. Her hand curled into the dirt beneath her. She became angry, too much to care for her wounds, they didn't even bother moving her body, only placing a thin pillow under her head.

Eden was humiliated.

Exhaling harshly, she rose on all fours, her limbs shaking with effort. Onyx eyes surveyed their surrounding before resting on the pale female that was her male's mother. The mother beast looked down at the northern female with pity from her post by the alpha.

"Where is he?" Eden hissed.

Her fury was too great for her to care for the open flesh that was her back or for the fact that she ad no top. She was a female scorned, and she'd be damned if she didn't get her vengeance.

"Hunting. It is the mate's duty to provide a meal for his female after her first markings in front of the alpha bloodline." The mother murmured.

"To show his worth." Eden's glared cut into the alpha as he spoke. "Don't look at me like that, berserker, I'll slay you where you lay."

She cut her eyes away from the ruling male and crawled over into a cool patch of grass, her stomach churning as her head throbbed. Her body shook with uncontrollable tremors and she collapsed onto the long grass.

"Valkan..." she heard the mother beast whisper.

"She isn't my problem, Judah needs to learn how to care for what's his." Came the alpha's retort.

"Whether you like it or not the northerner is one of your females now, act like it." Eden's eyes screwed tightly together as she heard a smack of flesh against flesh reigning down. A mother scolding a whelp.

The northern female began to fall in and out of consciousness the longer it took for the nomad to return and she couldn't help but wonder if this was her end. She wouldn't have been surprised if it was, Eden was born in pain and darkness and it was only suitable for to end that way.

Warm hands roused Eden from her seemingly comatose state, thing fingers massaged the carving in her back, the burning fire that was her flesh quelled down to next to nothing as a salve was applied. She could have cried in relief.

"Leya, remove yourself from my female." That gruff voice made her rise shakily, her male was back.

And he wanted nothing more to spite roast him over the fire.

"Mind yourself. My only concern is your female." It was the old, whiskey eyed female.

"I can see that especially when I am minding my own." Onyx eyes fell on the seething male. 

His posture was ridged and eyes were zeroed in on his mother that crouched behind his female, her hands on her torn flesh. In his own hands was the thick hind leg of a deer, skin and all.  Judah's large frame blotted the last remains of the dwindling sun, the last rays highlighting his outline as if he were some gods sent angel but Eden knew that the male was a monster hiding in a beautiful cloak of skin and blood.