six

Tate wanted to ensure he didn't give Spencer back his daughter exactly like before. He had around half an hour to do whatever he wanted with Colette before Spencer would come in, and would make sure Tate stayed away for the rest of his life.

Colette cowered in the against the wall of the hallway, staring out the window with her large brown eyes to distract herself from her situation. She finally redirected her attention to Tate, her face flushed red. "You hurt my mother, didn't you?" She waited for a response before continuing, the silence fueling her rage more than an answer. "You wouldn't be this personal towards my father and I unless you had unfinished business. You hurt my family."

Tate didn't have to try as if he could care less, beginning to slowly approach Colette as she backed herself into a corner. "Your father of yours hurt my family first, it's only fair. He killed my brother, I kill his wife, his daughter."

Colette only stared at Tate, fought back tears beginning to burn in her eyes. "Your brother was a sociopath, he kidnapped and drugged my father, he had every right to kill him."

Tate pulled his knife from his back pocket, pointing the blade towards Colette. "Be that as it may, fair is only fair and I had a lot of fun killing your mother. You look more like a Reid but, I'll go with what I have."

Tate grabbed a handful of Colette's hair, chopping off to uneven ends with the knife in his hand. Colette could only sit and cry, keeping her head down to stare at the gun sitting in Tate's lap. He continued to cut Colette's hair until her long armpit length curls reached only her shoulders. "Your mother had very beautiful short hair, what was her name again? Haley?"

"Hazel." Colette corrected through gritted teeth, allowing a single tear trickle down her cheek. "Her name was Hazel."

"You want to know how I did it? How I killed her with an armed FBI agent just upstairs?" Tate smiled, as if he were a young boy showing off his new action figures. "I obviously attacked you first; the weakest link, they'll do anything just to keep you safe. I couldn't hurt you though, I'm weak like my brother. I waited until your father came in, attacked him while he had his back turned, shot him in both of the legs. You and your mother were downstairs in the kitchen trying to get out, not realizing that I already had dealt with the nuance of a father of yours. Do you want to hear the rest?"

Colette didn't realize she was crying until Tate stopped the story, her hands soaked from her tears. She only shook her head, too choked up to say anything without breaking into sobs. "I just want to remember her. I don't want to remember the story of her leaving me. I don't want to remember how she died. I want to remember her being my mother." Colette squeezed her eyes shut, inhaling a shaky breath to try to calm herself down.

"I shot her twice in the chest, I let you hold her while she died in your arms. She was coughing up blood, slipping into unconsciousness and yet you still believed she would live past that night." Tate laughed to himself, his chuckle making Colette's heart sink. "Children are so gullible."

"Stop it!" Colette raised her voice, digging her fingernails into the palm of her hands. "Stop it!" Colette raised her fist to punch Tate in the face, her own cheeks flushed red. Tate latched his hand around Colette's wrist, slamming her body against the ground.

Colette's head was the first body part that hit the ground at full force, blurring her vision and weakening her limbs. Tate climbed on top of her, sitting against her stomach to prevent her from kicking against him. As Colette tried to scream for help, Tate wrapped his hands around her neck and began to squeeze.

Colette choked out one final cry, punching weakly against Tate's chest to push him off. She lasted longer than Tate thought, after a whole minute she began to go limp. Her brown eyes rolled into the back of her head, her chest remaining still.

Tate climbed off of Colette, running his large fingers through his buzz cut of light brown hair. He glanced out the busted window once more, hearing Spencer knock on the door downstairs. Tate licked his thumb and fixed his eyebrow, listening to Spencer open the door downstairs.

Tate looked at Colette's body once more, he couldn't help but smile. "It's show time."