Preview

Tywin Lannister was a man of his word

Tywin Lannister was a man of his word. Tywin Lannister could not have come into his position which he held if he was not. And when Tywin Lannister said he was going to do something you'd best know that he meant it.

He sure as bloody hell meant it.

Perhaps that's why Mariah found herself trembling before the old lion in his tower of the Hand.

Perhaps that's why she felt her heart ready to bust out of her chest.

The green-golden eyed gaze burning into her very soul. Her deep brown eyes matching her hair. Her skin extremely pale from the blood that had drained from her face out of fear.

"So, do you know why you're here?"

Tywin's strict voice called out causing Mariah to swallow thickly. Her never seen feeling on edge. She knew she was going to be killed.

She just knew it.

"Because I am your son's whore."

She stated which caused Tywin's brow to arch. Her tone wasn't a holding question. She wasn't trying to play dumb like the other where's he knew his son to have been with prior.

"Yes. Because you're my son's whore."

He said pressing his lips together.

He looked her up and down once. She wasn't horribly looking and he wondered just how much his son had to give her in order for her to bed him.

How much of Tywin's money was he spending on this woman.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't hang you."

There it was. There was the inescapable question. Mariah was so sure that she was going to be killed right here and now.

"Because, I'm not just a whore my lord."

She said quickly swallowing knowing that this was her one chance to get out of this alive.

Tywin arched a brow, she knew she peeked his interest if even for a split moment.

"I am a Bastard. A Bastard to the Mountain, my Lord."

Her shaken voice managed to break out.

Tywin scoffed and looked at her oddly. He didn't believe it at all. There was no way a man like Ser Gregor was the father to this woman.

Tywin then took a moment to look over her again quickly.

"You expect me to believe that?"

"It's the truth, my Lord. And he's very aware. My father knows who I am if you just send word to him I'm sure he'll -- "

"Enough."

Tywin snapped out. His lips pressed firmly together. He took a moment. If this young woman was telling the truth and he went through with exciting Ser Gregor's Bastard and Gregor actually gave a damn about her...

Well, that was a situation he didn't wish to find himself in at any point in his life.

"You will be escorted to the Black Keep. A letter will be sent to Ser Gregor and if he in return he corresponds to these claims, perhaps your neck will be saved."

Tywin said causing all of the hairs on Mariah's neck stand up on edge.

The only thing she could manage was to give a slight curtsy. Her voice lost in the back of her throat.

"Yes, of course my Lord."

She agreed before Tywin had the woman escorted to her holding cell.