shadows can kill

(Hey guys! Thanks for reading and make sure to read my other book opposites! Thanks and enjoy!)

Kate's POV

Silence fills the darkness. Its pitch black and all i can hear is my breathing. My harsh, raspy from screaming breathing.

Blood. my blood. Is all across the floor. My wounds ooze the red substance that is necessary to live. I don't dare move. "They" will find me. I had no weapon. Only myself, on the edge of death, getting attacked by demons.

Something brushes against my leg. I turn my head to see what it is. Of course nothing is there. My breathing speeds up. Something grabs my foot and pulls me down. I hit the ground screaming.

It pulls me towards it. towards its glowing red eyes and its aura of darkness. I scream for help, but i know no one is coming. It hisses and opened it jaw to suck the rest of my life away. i could feel my life source draining away. My screams were strained and were fading.

My body went limp and my eyelids felt like bricks. As i tried to hold onto the last bit of my life i saw a light. A ray of light, shooting out of the darkness at the demon.

I saw wings. Emerging from the light. A boy. About 17, my age, Carrying a staff that was projecting the light.

The demon, holding me in captive, recoiled hissing and screeching. the winged boy landed next to me and picked me up princess style.

I couldn't hear my breathing but i knew i was alive. His staff shot another bolt of light and opened a doorway out of the darkness.

He flew out and i could hear the monster screaming in rage. It clawed after us. its head made it out the doorway, but that was all that made it.

The boy closed the portal and the creatures head screeched and drifted off towards the darkest parts of the world, leaving trails of death and misery.

We were back in my apartment. the boy set me down on my bed and smiled at me. And with a bright flash, he was gone.

I looked down at myself and saw that all my wounds had closed up. He had healed me somehow.

But the real question was. who was he, and what was he.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys liked it! go check out my instagram acount @rainbowshifu vote and comment please!