Chapter 7: Aphrodite's Plan

The gods were having their meeting in mount Olympus again. Well... actually that was not really a meeting because the gods are doing their own stuff; Zeus was absent because he was in the crowd finding the one for the deed; Hera has been stalking her husband through GPS and she's about to explode; Poseidon was being angry about the people again so he was not here but rocking the ground with his trident so hard on earth; Demeter was crying so hard at home because her daughter was with her husband Hades at the moment; Hephaestus was absent because he was working in his factory; Ares was in America at the moment so he's not in mount Olympus (you know why.); Dionysus was heavily drunk while Hermes was "nyooming" around as usual, and we all know why Hestia was not in Mount Olympus.

Thus, the only gods who should be here, I mean the only gods in the 12 Olympian gang who were conscious and normal today, were Apollo, Artemis, Athena and Aphrodite (surprisingly, she was lovestruck all the time). Well, for some reasons, only Artemis was present in the twins...

Aphrodite walked over to Artemis and said, "hey you moon-face why your beautiful brother is not here?"

"That's none of your business." Artemis replied, "my brother knows what he is doing." She let go a small sigh when her hand palmed her pale face a bit.

"What's your sighing, Artemis?" Athena asked.

"N-Nothing!" The goddess of the moon looked at the other two goddesses with an awkward smile.

"Artemis," Athena said, "from your facial expressions, I'm sure that you're lying."

"Awwww Artie! Just tell me what's going on!" Aphrodite looked at Artemis then winked.

Artemis pouted. At this moment she was baffling since her brother told her not to tell his secret to anyone; not even Athena, the most trustworthy person to the goddess herself. Nevertheless, they seemed enthusiastic about that and she should not destroy the mood.

"Alright, you soulless redhead jerk stop fretting her." Athena swatted the strawberry blonde goddess's back. Aphrodite glared at her a bit then backed off from the pale-faced girl slightly.

"Ah yes! Have you heard the news? Apollo is in love!" The goddess of "love" and beauty smiled at them while rubbing her back.

"Oh damn." Athena mumbled, "this is going to be another disaster..." She glimpsed at the moon goddess then stared at the goddess with reddish-gold hair.

Artemis frowned and gazed at the other girls puzzlingly, then put herself into deep thoughts. At the time when he told her about the girl, she felt bad at the girl since she was just an ordinary young maiden. Everyone in Mount Olympus knew what happened to Apollo's previous relationships, so did Artemis. She was worried about the girl, also the world, as people would end up suffering if he was rejected again. The girl was totally innocent; she has her own right to choose her path, in her will, just like other women on earth. What would be the people's fate when the girl refuses to be with him? Would he be the same as before? The moon goddess would never know, yet she wished to see her brother could control himself in romantic affairs.

"Hey Artemis, do you know about this?" Aphrodite waved her hand at front of Artemis's eyes.

The moon goddess answered, "who told you this?"

"Ah— Hermes told me about this, tee-hee."

'That damn Hermes...' Artemis sighed a bit, then replied, "Apollo had told me."

The other goddesses gasped, then Aphrodite asked, "Artemis, can you tell me more?"

"No."