Chapter 10: Aftermath

"Where am I?"

Ingrid opened her eyes and found herself standing on a rocky ground, with rivers flowing around. The dripping of the liquid from the stalactite could be heard clearly, as there was no other noise around. Took a deep breath and closed her eyes, she could feel the refreshing air inside the place, with the splashing sound of the river. Every sound seemed amplified as the place was hollow and closed. Great resonance. The place was in eternal darkness, except the very dim light from the shimmering water in the river; seemed the place was an intermediate to other places, as seen from the rivers, flowing to the places where they should go to. The land was completely closed; seemed it could be accessed from nowhere but the rivers.

She tip-toed towards one of the streams and see whether there are boats to help her get out of the place. Well, there were no boats floating around them; there was no way for her to get out.

"Is anyone here?" Ingrid asked. Echos played around the room as the cave has a great resonance. Voices amplified and repeated as she spoke, like a ghost, haunting around Ingrid herself. There was no one around the place except Ingrid; the fears came out as time goes by, and she was driving herself insane.

~~*~~

Central, Hong Kong

Looking around, Artemis was searching the place where her brother was. Surely, her brother was with the girl, but how could she reach there? Also, she must stop the incident happening before it was too late, so she must reach them as soon as possible. Nevertheless, right now, where are they?

The moon goddess stood at her spot and trying to figure out the place with her mind. Her mind was having a war now, chaotic and messy; all she was thinking was whether Apollo knows Aphrodite's plan and all the what-ifs regarding this thing. 'Where are they right now' was all she has to think, using her natural ability to be the twin of the god of the Sun.

Recital Hall, 8/F, Hong Kong City Hall High Block.

Finally, she managed to find out, the small recital hall in the new part of one of the oldest concert halls in the Pearl of Orient. Artemis took out her cellphone, searched for the fastest way to reach the place, then started rushing towards the place at a lightning speed.

~~*~~

"Hey."

Ingrid trembled a bit, as the voice emerged nowhere. She could hear multiple "hey"s as the walls reflected the longitudinal waves. Suddenly, she could feel a tap on her shoulder. Her mouth immediately let go of a shriek as she felt an unpleasant presence around.

"You alright?"

This time, the voice was from in front of her. She glanced around, panicked.

"Hey girl, don't be scared..."

She looked around, saw no one but a voice from nowhere, echoing in the room. In fear, she could feel goosebumps on her skin, as she could feel the air swirling. Her mouth let out a gasp as the phantom swirled around her, making the uneasy feeling emerged from her mind. Ingrid is normally fearless, but she feared in this petty cave.

Suddenly, in a millisecond, a dirty blonde boy popped out from nowhere in front of the Asian girl.

"Hey girl, you alright?" The young man waved his hand in front of the young lady.

With astonishment, Ingrid stared at him for a short while, then finally managed to get a word; "Y-Yeah..." she quickly looked away a bit and sighed, mumbled, "it's glad that I didn't meet a ghost..."