Chapter 8: The Shot

Down on Earth, Ingrid was wandering around the place, before she had to get back to the concert hall for rehearsal. She has arrived at the place really early, so there was quite a plenty of time to walk around. The concert hall was quite near to the nearest Starbucks so she decided to go there and fetch a Frappuccino for her slight delight. The Asian brunette headed towards the business centre nearby, the place where the café is. As she was walking, she bumped into someone that she was unexpected...

"I-I am sorry." She looked down with pink cheeks.

"J-Je suis désolé, aussi."

She looked up and saw an attractive blonde man with shoulder-length hair, whose now showing his hand to hers. Instantly, she looked away a bit, flushing red.

"Ingrid?"

"Yeah?" She looked at him, started feeling conscious again after a moment of awkwardness, then asked, "Sir, have we met before?"

"Oui, mademoiselle."

She looked up, examining his face carefully, trying to recognise him. She had happened to have her regular memory loss again, forgetting all things happened in a period but the most important, like her favourite things.

"Julien!" She exclaimed, "it's you!"

He nodded and smiled, then showed his hand to her, asked, "do you need help, mademoiselle Ingrid?"

"I can get up on my own... but thanks." She got up and patted the dirt on her trousers, then stared at him. Since the day she first met him, she has sworn to herself that she had seen him before, somewhere in somewhere. The face was new, yet somehow familiar. As she fixed her eyes on him, she fell into her deep thoughts.

"Mlle. Ingrid?" Julien asked, "you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm alright..." She mumbled, "I just thought of someone."

"That Monsieur who you told me last time?"

"No, some others... I don't even know if I should say that's a human or not..." Ingrid gave him an awkward smile then said, "well I am heading to Starbucks for a drink, would you like to accompany me?"

"Certainly, my angel." He smiled then took her hand, and headed to the coffee shop together.

There was a minute of silence in the first minutes when they were walking together. Then, Ingrid started to speak, "Julien... do you believe in angels?"

"Why you asking?"

She gazed at him, then added, "I'm just wondering... well, the reason I am really into singing is that I can feel he's there."

Julien looked at her with confusion, replied, "who is he?"

"The angel of music." Her lips escaped a slight chuckle, with her cheeks slightly heated. "Do you believe it? He does exist, guiding me, protecting me."

Julien stared at her, scanning at her face. His looked calming, yet, inside his mind, he was baffling. In spite of having a good-looking, attractive exterior, no one ever knows what is underneath his clothes. He was unexpectedly and inhumanly flawless, like a god, shimmering around humans. When they were walking together, there were gossips around, talking about his beauty and her luck to have such a beautiful man. To Julien, she is a pure being that would kill people with mercy, a delicate woman who dedicated herself to the thing which they both love. If he was the angel of music, he would truly be with her, like, forever, desperately in need to plead his father for turning her into a fellow citizen of the heavenly world. Well, since Julien is a flawless-looking young man, is he a god actually? Who knows if there was really a god descended to the world? But still, we are sure that he has feelings for her, as he has been walking close with this cute "Mademoiselle" and trying to take her hand. (Poor Ingrid, she was clueless about relationships.)