Chapter 2

A girl with lilac purple hair walks through my dorm room, I'm guessing she is my new roommate. I stared at her for a while, wondering what made her want to dye her hair and get piercings all around her ear. I was interupted from my examination, with a startled scream coming from the purple haired girl.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, I'm new... this is my dorm. Hi," I explained stupidly but feverishly.

She laughed at my nervousness and took her hand out to shake mine, I quickly obliged.

"Jasmine, you?" she smiled.

"Lily," I mirrored her.

"Do you need help with your bags?" she asked nicely. I smiled and nodded.

After Jasmine and I decorated our room and put our luggage away, I decided I should find out where my schedule is and get coffee while I'm there.
I picked up my schedule and read it over. I am majoring in English, I hope my teacher is resonable and fair and doesn't just hand out grades. My English Deparment in high school was great, they overworked us, which I enjoyed but most didn't. I worked really hard to get the grades I graduated with and my peers didn't work one bit.

"Tall, coffee frappuchino," I say in a monotone voice in reply to the 45 year old man who asked me "what can I get for you" with a wink. It's pathetic how people are so desperate.

I walk out the coffee shop and scroll through twitter, after eyeing a table I would be sitting at.

I wasn't looking up, paying more attention to the buzzing faux news heard on this weeks clever tv and before I know it there was coffee all over someones white shirt. I quickly scrambled away in embarrassment because I slammed my face into their chest.

"I'm so s-sorry, I d-didn't mean to," my nervousness showing once again today, as I looked up to see dark, green eyes narrowing at me.

"You've got to be kidding me. How can you be so careless, haven't your parents ever told you to not text and drive?" he was fuming, staring straight into my eyes making an uncontrolled blush appear on my fair skin. I was, although, confused by his question but while he was talking I took the time to look at his soft, brown curls and pink lips. He might be attractive but his personality and forgivingness compares to a garbage dump.

"I will give you money for a new shirt, and yes but that doesn't apply here?" I state in a matter-of-fact tone but it came out more as a question.

"Same rules apply, why don't you stop being so recklessly stupid and help society by staying out of peoples lives," he stormed away, leaving me not even entirely sure if that advice made sense to the situation or in general.

I start to walk away with my head down embarrassed by the whole situation, avoiding eye contact with anyone until I see brown boots in my vision. I look up to see a smirking, green eyed, ill-mannered man standing infront of me.

"Can I help you?" I question, annoyed that the devil is back from the underworld.

"What's your name?" he asked in a calm tone, with a smirk still painted on his lips.

"Lily, why?" I ask, taken aback by his question since he was basically summoning death upon me before.

"Nice bra, black is a great color on you," and with that statement he walked away.

I quickly look down at my white tank top to see that the coffee spilled on me also drenching the top part of my torso.

I blush furiously in embarrasment, cursing a considerable number of times for him being right that I am careless.