Chapter 1

After many hours in the car driving my way to caged freedom, we finally drove into the parking lot. 
"Wow," I breathe, gaping slightly at the abode I will be living in for 4 years. 

"Nice, isn't it?," my mom says, though I know half of that comment was partly towards herself. 

"Yeah," I say as I look my mom in the eyes, seeing tears forming.

"I can't believe your going to college, I am going to miss you so much," my mom says.

I smile a small, sympathetic smile, "I'm going to miss you too, lets go put my bags in my room and meet my roommate?" I suggest.

My father and mother smile and we head upstairs to my dorm. I open the door and see the room is already splattered with hot pink, purple and light blue. Maybe my roommate won't be weird. 

I scope the room to see if theres anyone in sight but I see no one. "Okay, were going to go now. Lily, remember no boys and grades-"

"Should be perfect. Yeah, yeah I know you gave me this lecture in the car... 5 times." I cut my dad off, forcing a smile.

He smiles and his eyes spark humor but mostly seriousness. 

"I love you, be good and call us if you need anything at all," My mother smiles at me while kissing my forehead as well as my dad.

"Okay, love you, I promise I will call you as soon as I put my stuff away," I wave goodbye as they make there way out the door.