Prologue

Nicole's Pov

Nicole's Pov

Sitting at home on a friday night while all of my friends are out partying, I have reached a whole new level of pathetic.

I was sitting in my living room watching season one of the vampire diaries for the the one hundredth time, watching the clock tick by as the season continued.

I was on episode one, watching the glorious Damon Salvatore show up for the first time as the tv, as well as all the power, turned off.

I roll my eyes, not wanting to deal with the power out while I'm home alone.

"Our tax dollars at work." With a groan I got up from the living room couch and headed towards the garage where we kept all of our supplies for when the power went out. From candles and batteries to blankets and water.

I crouch down and drag the box filled with the items out from the cubby where it was stored.

As I started digging, the lights slowly started to flicker. I waited to see if the power was turning back on but it just kept flickering.

"You've got to be kidding me."

I walk over to the fuse box to switch all of them off, but they continued to flicker, even as they were turned off.

"What the shit."

After I say that sentence, the lights stop flickering and the power turns back on.

I roll my eyes at that, wondering what the point was of getting up at all.

I walk out of the garage to the kitchen and grab a banana and a water. Before I could leave the kitchen, the landline rings.

I set my stuff down at the island before picking up the phone.

"Hello?"

"..."

"Um, hello?"

"..."

"Seriously?" I shake my head before slamming the phone down on the line.

I walk over to the island, grab my things and walk back over to the living room as the door bell rings.

"I swear to god if I don't get some peace and quiet."

I speed to the door, already annoyed. I swing open the door to see someone wearing all black, a ski mask and holding an ax.

I force a chuckle out of my throat only to see that it was not a stupid joke as he takes a swing at me.

I scream as I dodge his swing and slam the door in his face and start running.

I hear the door break open and heavy footsteps behind me as I run up the stairs.

The person chasing me grabs my foot, making me, as well as him, come to a stop on the stairs, face first.

I quickly turn around to see the guy crawling up to me, causing me to scream out and kick him in the face, sending him down the stairs.

I run up the rest of the stairs and towards my bedroom, slam and lock the door, then grab the ends of a dresser and move it to stop the door from moving.

I look around to see if there are any ways of escape and the only way out I could find was the 2 story window.

I start to try and get open the window, as I try that the door starts to break and the dresser start to move out of the way of the door.

I start to panic, screaming and crying at each bang on the door as I could not get the window open.

When I finally get the window open and start to crawl out, the man enters the room and starts stepping towards me.

Before I could fully exit the window, the man grabs me and throws me out the window and down two stories.

My screams become silenced as I drop dead on the solid ground, my head cracked open and bleeding, my dead eyes wide open and the man stares at my dead Corpse.

------------

Well I did that.

I think I like it.

I'm going to go with it.

Word Count - 673