CHAPTER 2: The Fury Of Sound Is The Tie That Binds

LA SALLE AVE.

(Secret Weapon For The Romantic Masses: Melt Her Heart Or Be A Lonely Man Forever)

Eraserheads - Sa Tollgate

Leo: Game?

Robin: Ano beer ta da?

Leo: May strong, light... some rhum.

Robin: Solb. Yesssss... STAMBAY! I'll put on the music this time, pare.

Leo: Da best...Kamusta lakad mo, chep. Turn that up.

Robin: Ok lang...ok man. Dropped by Phillip's the other day. He put out some Toska, we got the Sprite out and Piatto's Sour Cream chips. Sat on his balcony. Turns out he's in love again with someone from his theater group. He's into acting now. He's slimmed down. Love's good for him see.

Leo: Yeah. I heard di siya lumabas ng bahay for 3 months.

Robin: His bedroom you mean. He had to be fed by leaving a plate of food on his door at 7 am, 12 nn, 5 pm and 9 pm. His sister would add chocolate laced with sleeping pills. Did you know that?

Leo: No I did not know that. But now I do.

Robin: Yes, now you do.

Leo: What's the girl's name?

Robin: Kiana. Used to be a stripper in Sta. Ana. Private dancing. Really neat. Married an old Japanese who was her highest tipper. Died after two months. Lung cancer. She gets some money. Spends for her mother and father's medicjne, son's tuition and wanted to try somne theater shit. A step into showbiz.

Leo: Interesting.

Robin: Yeah, saw a video of their sort of culminating activity for the theater group, y'know something about fairies and transplants and men in bat masks. I'm no Oscar winner man but holy fuck it was bad acting. Phillip was bad in it. Kiana was bad in it. The whole thing was bad. At least no one but us friends of theirs watched the fucking thing. But the rap was awesome. Turns out having rich, bored pseudo-human, wannabe artist poseur pals with separated parents for theater friends really works out fine when it comes to parties.

Leo: What did Phillip say? I think he'd say the same thing.

Robin: Yeah, he did say the same thing. But he's in love so it won't matter much. He's gonna do the call canter thing na naman in a few days so it'll be ok.

Leo: By then they already fucked so hard they'll bore each other to death.

Robin: They're working on another play now. Phillip is co-writing it. He wants it to be like fight club. You know with real fight scenes. If he pulls that off, I'm bringing paper towels to wipe the blood off of my face during the performance. Anyway, what have you been up to?

Too Proud To Say Yes

1. Primal Scream - County Girl

2. Arctic Monkeys - A Certain Romance

3. Eraserheads - Sa Wakas

4. Wicked Tarsiers - Nandito Lang Ako

5. Jerks - Kun' Di Man

6. Eddie Hill - Baby I Cried

7. The Pretenders - I'll Stand By You

8. Counting Crows - Anna Begins

9. Chris Cornell - Sunshowers

10. Bobby Darin - Don't Rain On My Parade

Fallout Boy - Sugar We're Going Down