The Doorsep meeting

Readers pov.
I was crying on my bed, why you may ask? My fiancé left me because I told him I couldn't have children, he took the ring, and canceled the wedding. *DING DONG* my doorbell rang, I wiped my face and fast walked to the door "Who is it?" I asked with a weak voice from crying, waiting for an answer but got nothing in return. I open the door to find nobody there, confused I looked around, the crisp air hitting my wet, tear streaked, cheeks. I bump something with my foot and look down to see a basket at my feet, I stoop down and pick up the basket and bring it inside, closing the door and locking it. I sit on my bed and look at the basket curiously, it had a Canadian flag blanket on it, it moved and whimpered, startled I moved the blanket to find a baby- A BABY!!!! 'WHO PUTS A BLANKET OVER A BABYS FACE!?!?!' I mentally panicked as I picked up the baby and cradled the it in my arms making sure it was ok before I checked the gender to find out it was a boy. He had blond wavy hair and cute little curly-cue sticking out of his head. He opened his eyes and they where a beautiful color of purple, he looked at me with a confused look etched on his chubby face then smiled a toothless smile and giggled reaching up to me with his small, doll-like hands. I smiled and took his little hand in mine and looked back at the basket he was in. There was a note on the pillow, I put the baby in my lap, my hand still in his, and picked the note up with my other hand and read it 'Dear whoever reads this note, I don't want him. Pleas give him a better life than what could offer him, please take care of him. Signed anonymous ' . You look back at the small baby boy in your lap and smile, "Well since you don't have a name or birthdate on your note, how about today is your birthday, it is Canada day after all." I say to him and he looks at me with his sparkling purple eyes, " Now about your name, what should I name you little one?" I ask him softly as if he would understand me, he only smiled a little and knawed on his small hand, it came to me as I remembered my childhood and telling my dad when I was little. I remembered telling him that if I ever had a boy I would name him Mathew. "I know the perfect name for you little one, Mathew. And since I'm not married your last name will be my last name, Mathew Williams."