5- Heartbreak

Heartbreak

- Caleb Wilson

She left me dumb founded. 

All of my hopes had taken away.

She's getting married.

She doesn't need me anymore. She didn't believe what I said. She's... she's different. She broke my heart and I could still hear it cracks inside. But, I know I did that first. I broke hers.

I walk back to our apartment, I don't bother to take a cab. I want to be with myself. I want to be alone. It takes 20 minutes of walk until I reach my place and as I expected Valerie is standing outside the door, waiting for me to come home.

"Where have you been?" she asks in a soft voice. "I'm so worried about you. Can you just leave a note if you're going outside, at least let me know."

I meet her sincere eyes then I fake a smile.

"Are you alright?" she ask again when I go inside and sit on the couch.

I don't know either if I'm alright.

I don't know how. How can I express this feeling I have right now. It really hurts. I rather be die than to see her walking in the isle and watching her exchanging vows with someone else. I'm so lost without you, Han. 

"She's.. she's getting married Valerie," still I can manage myself to tell her the heart-breaking news.

She's shock and I can't blame her because a few minutes ago I felt that kind of feeling.

"How did you know?" she ask while looking at me with her wide eyes.

"I took a walk earlier then.. I saw her in the front of the church. Valerie, she looks so happy while waiting for someone," I said, my voice is quite trembling. "She's happy now, without Caleb in her life."

"Stop making conclusions, ask her first." she hissed.

"I already talk to her. I told her about my situation, my illness but she refuses to believe me. She said I'm just making some excuses when I left her and that's the most painful part. She doesn't believe in me anymore," I exclaimed.

Silence filled the air. We just stare on space, thinking what I will do. I can't find the words to say goodbye because I keep holding on. But if it's really the end of what we have, I don't know if I can take it. What's the meaning of our accidentally meet-up this morning? Is destiny trying to convey to me that we're over because she already finally found someone? But in the other side, what if it's the sign? Ugh! Here I am again, holding on to 'what if's'.

"Not every good thing in life will remain forever Caleb. We have to say goodbye at certain good things or good people in our lives. And if that situation will happen, I'm hoping that you still have the power and guts to see what was good in it even if it's already gone," she said trying to comfort me. She hold my hand and squeeze it once.

"I can't," telling her the very honest response of mine.

"I know you can," she said, forming a curve in her lips. A smile.

"If you really love her, you need to set her free," she added.

There it is, she said the very excruciating lines. So hard to bear.

My heart is pounding really fast. I can't breathe. I need some air so I stand up to go outside. I am about to step my right foot when everything turns to black. 

I collapsed.

A/N: How's the chapter 5? To be honest this chapter made me sad. 

I'M HOPING FOR YOUR SUPPORT DEAR READERS. God Bless and Iloveyou all <3

- ChinitaSai