6 - The End

The End

- Hannah Martinez

I really didn't count how many days had pass by until it turned to weeks and weeks turned to  months. I am officially married to the new man that will be with me to make the history. I have a new forever to discover. I am happy that Caleb let me go way back then because he gave me the freedom that I can't have the guts to fight for. He gave me time to know who I really am. He pushed me away so that someone will pull me in. He made me weak so I can be strong as time comes. He made me broken so that someone will fix me and make me feel brand new. I am so thankful for that.

"Thank you Caleb ... for the broken heart," I said ... then I felt a hand on my back. Rubbing it, trying to comfort me.

I knew that he wanted to hear so much more from me when we had a talk in his hospital room. Yup, I visited him. But I didn't talk too much, just enough. I know it's been a long time since we had a normal conversation together so I can't even feel the familiarity. It seems like I forgot what it feels like to be with him, to be with the guy I first gave my heart. We look at each other's eye while talking, he asked me if I am willing to forgive him and I nod. He deserves to be forgiven, everybody deserves it. He made his choice before and I can't question that. We don't have anything to argue because no matter what we tell to each other can't turn back the time. At the end of the day I will come home to the new love I have found. I smiled when he told me that he's okay with that, he told me that he's happy for me. He is glad that I have someone I can lean on even if it hurts. He accepts that I will say sweet nothings not anymore to him but to my husband. He embraces it because he knew that I deserve to be love. And he deserves to be forgiven.

Then, the next day I came again. But I didn't do anything but to stare at him and he didn't have anything to do either but to stare back at me. I am loss of words. At that time, I really want to hug him tight. To feel again the heat that burns when our body touch, to feel the security he had given me before, to feel the love that still inside of our hearts. I know deep inside his still here, behind bars inside of my heart even though I already have someone new. I love my husband but... it can't erase the feeling that I have towards Caleb, it is peculiar, unique and very unforgettable. I am craving for his arms to wrap me around, but sadly we can't because visitors are not allowed by that time.

The following day he was unconscious, he didn't even know that I am there again visiting him. It's too late. I'm very too late. At that moment I am hoping against hope that he can survive but I saw it. I saw everything, I saw how he struggle for life. I saw how the heart monitor changed from curve lines to a flat one. I am there watching Valerie cried so much, I am there watching people cried because he's.... he's gone.

I know he had enough, so be it. He deserves to rest.

So now I am here standing in front of his coffin, crying out my heart. I just can't help myself but to cry. I know it will happen but... I don't even know that this is what it feels like. Feels like I am locked out in pain, my heart is screaming but he can't heart it anymore.

Every visitor here in his funeral is throwing their white rose one by one in his coffin, which now is on the underground. I breathe in and finally step my feet to be at the front. Thanks to my husband who is at my side supporting me to stand still because honestly my both knees are like jellies. I feel so weak.

I wipe my tears first with the back of my hand before I stare at his coffin. In my mind I utter these words, "I loved you Caleb. Thank you for everything. Thank you for walking away before, thank you for the broken heart. Thank you for the understanding and most of all I am so much thankful for giving me the chance to say how grateful I am to what you did. Thank you for this one last chance." Then I throw the white rose that will forever be the symbol of his undying love for me.

I will never forget you, Caleb Wilson.

You are worthy to be remembered.

The End.

- ChinitaSai

A/N: Thank you for reading this :) Feel free to comment your thoughts. You can read my others stories :) Tagalog na yung iba :>