prologue

this summer was planned to be the best one yet. my friends, my brother finn and i had discussed it every day for about 3 weeks and we just knew that it would be amazing; nothing could ruin it. there was 1 day left at school and although there were places that we would rather be, we were still going to have fun. it was impossible to not have fun when we were around each other, that's just how it is.

  the first two periods, maths and physics, were a blur. i had a few of my friends in those classes, but because we always messed about so much we were separated, so we all kind of just block the lessons out where we aren't sitting together. third period, however, we had resistant materials, and in that i sit with all of my friends: jack, wyatt, sophia and my brother finn. my other friends, chosen and jeremy, sit on the table next to us so we just push the tables together.

  unfortunately, that day we only had resistant materials together, so by sixth period everyone was ready to pack up and leave. the bus ride home, although it sounds weird, was always fun seeing as jack, wyatt and sophia lived in the same col-de-sac as finn and i. we always sat in the same spot with the chairs facing each other on the bus and no one questioned it. we had always sat there and would continue to until we left the place that we called hell, or one of us learned how to drive. we got off the bus and returned to our houses after promising to have the best first day of summer vacation ever tomorrow.

  it was when i was about to go to sleep that something out of the ordinary happened. i heard a noise outside,  so naturally i walked over to the window to see what the commotion going on outside was. to my surprise, i saw a giant moving van pulling up outside of the neighbours house that had been for sale for seemingly forever. the thing that surprised me more was when i saw the a family of three step out of the truck and into the house. this was going to make an interesting summer...

A/N this book is written by 2 people and updates will probably be really irregular but here you go i guess, comment if you like it so we can carry on writing.

\\415 words//