|| Chapter #3: End of First week ||

*** Song: Battleships - Daughtry

Time skip to a week later, classes have been well. After going out of potions class with Uncle Terence, and hanging out until dinner time. The hassle of going to the great hall was tiring as always.When finally going to the great hall, dinner had begun. I sat quietly with next to the other Slytherin students poking at the chicken on my plate with a fork. The dining hall was filled with laughter and chatter as usual. The sorting hat had already done its yearly duty of putting the new first years into their destined houses.

We had a good amount of incoming Slytherin students this year, one of them was Scorpius Malfoy, Uncle Draco's Son. Scorpius's Sister, Esther was already put into Ravenclaw, being already in the 5th year, she was the first in her family. Despite the splitting of the two Slytherin and Ravenclaw were known to be on good terms. However, there was no stopping the fact that the two brothers were now headed in different directions.

Looking at the fresh new faces brought back memories from when I was chosen for a house. I thought back to the memory like it was yesterday.

My heart had raced furiously like it was escaping right out of my chest. I couldn't help the anxiety that overcomes me. After all, a lot of pressure was on my shoulders. Being a Slytherin meant a lot to the family.

The Pucey clan has been known to be chosen for Slytherin and Ravenclaw. I knew either of those two would put me in the clear. The fear of being a disappointment to my very name heightened my anxiety even further.

I had to get into Slytherin no matter what. I thought about the other possible houses. Hufflepuff wasn't a favorite but god forbid I be placed into Gryffindor. The thought gave me shivers. My brother wouldn't want to even look at me if I got into Gryffindor. And I was afraid of disappointing my dad who constantly told me his stories about being a proud Slytherin alumni. I wanted him to be proud of me too.

Garfield looked over towards my direction. He gave me a small smile.

"Nervous?" He asked.

"Very," I said softly.

"I'm nervous for you too. Goodluck Koda" Garfield said as he patted my shoulder.

Garfield and I go way back. We've been best friends since birth. Our dads have known each other back when they attended Hogwarts which naturally made his family very close to ours as close friends. He'd already been picked for Slytherin. I crossed my fingers hoping we'd get to attend the same house.
When we walked in after being announced. I could feel Alex's stare along with the curious glances of my other friends following me down the great hall, till I got in front, on the platform.

"Dakota Pucey!" I heard Professor Longbottom say, who's also the head of the Gryffindor house.

I gulped, It was finally my turn. The room went silent. I could hear the sound of my own heart beating and felt the moisture generating in my palms. I managed to get to the chair without collapsing and sat down.

"Oh, Look, Another Pucey, This is the first time I'm saying this." The sorting hat commented.

"Hmmm. Where to put you," he said more to himself than to me.

"Let's see, you have the natural potential to very strong powers, and achieve greatness. You're quite intelligent for your young age, yet very reckless when it comes to protecting family and friends. I'd say either Ravenclaw or Slytherin." The hat said.

Most of Slytherin and Ravenclaw held their breaths, waiting for the hat to speak either of their names.

My heart raced even further. I bit the bottom of my lip while I frantically awaited my future. The tension made it feel like centuries.