Chapter 1

First Day of Kindergarten

Heather Chandler's POV

It was my first day of kindergarten. To be completely honest, I was terrified. What would the other kids think of me? Would I fit in with them? Will I be able to find frie-

"Heather!" my mom shouts from downstairs, "Heather, dear! Come down here!". "Okay, mommy!" I reply. With that, I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs.

I ran downstairs as fast as I could because I could hear my mom's voice shaking, most likely because she needed me downstairs quick.

Reaching downstairs, my green eyes meet my mom's dark brown ones. She smiled at me and said "Heather, honey. Your ride to school has arrived!". She guides me outside of the house and leads me to a red car, matching my red skirt and shirt. My mom gets in the car first and then she gestures for me to come sit next to her.

After sitting next to her, she buckled me in and buckled herself in. "Go." my mom commanded and the car started moving.

-

About 15 - 20 minutes pass and then we arrived at the kindergarten. I look out and see a variety of colors, ranging from green, to yellow, to blue, and so on.

Mommy opens the car door and gets out of the car. She proceeded to guide me out of the car and made me stand next to her.

She looked me straight in the eyes and said "Heather, I know you are very scared right now, and I know that you may find it difficult to adapt to this new environment without Mommy or Daddy by your side," she started "but I promise you that it will be okay and I will be back to fetch you at the end of the day, alright?". "Okay, mommy." I replied with relieved tone. She pulls me in for a hug and I hug back tightly.

Afterwards, she smiled at me warmly and I smile back. She kisses my forehead and gets in the car. She looks at me and waves goodbye "I love you, Heather!". I reply with a wave and respond with "I love you too Mommy!". My mom shuts the car door and the car then starts moving and I watch it exit the gate and go out into the streets.

I turn around and look at the kindergarten I was going to spend the whole day in. With this realization, I sigh and then I felt a hand grab my shoulder.

"Hey there!" the voice said.

"H-Hey." I replied.

Veronica Sawyer's POV

I enter the building and I saw Martha down the hallway. I sprinted behind her and tapped her shoulder.

"Hey Martha!!!" I exclaimed.

"Oh my gosh! You scared me half to death, Vero!" she replied.

"Hehehe, sorry." I say back with a slight blush on my face. We continue to talk as we walk down the hallway.

"So, what's that book you're holding there?" I ask with curiosity in my voice. "Oh! It's called 'The Princess Bride' I just got it yesterday as a gift and I am loving it so, so much! It's just so interesting!" Martha replies with an ear to ear smile.

"Hello there children!" a voice from behind us exclaimed.

"Hello." Martha and I said in unison.

"My name is Ms. Whitewood, I'll be helping you both to your classrooms today! But first, I need your names." she told.

"Umm, Veronica Sawyer." I reply

"Martha Dunnstock." Martha says with a smile.

She brought out a piece of paper which I assume has the names of the children and their respective classrooms. "Okay! Martha Dunnstock and Veronica Sawyer, this way please." she informs us. "Okay." we reply. Then Ms. Whitewood guided us to our respective classrooms.

Heather Chandler's POV

"My name is Heather! What's your name?" the child dressed in yellow asks.

"M-My name is Heather too!" I answer with excitement in my voice. Having someone with the same name as you be the first person you talk to. Awesome!

"What a coincidence!" the yellow one says. "I think we should refer to each other through our last names because that would be easier for people, so anyways, my last name is McNamara! What about yours?" she questions.

"Umm, Chandler" I reply.

"Great! We should be referred to as 'McNamara and Chandler'." she says to me with enthusiasm in her voice.

We continue talking and we walked towards the door. I open the door and I see a girl dressed in a pink sweatshirt with a unicorn on the front with a slightly taller girl dressed in blue down the hallway.

I don't exactly remember what happened, but I felt something when I looked at the blue girl. Something... unexplainable. I thought that this was nothing more than a longing to be her friend.

"Hello? Chandler, you there?" McNamara asked.

"O-Oh! Y-yeah, I'm here." I reply shakily. "You were staring at those two down the hall, especially at the one dressed in blue," she starts "do you know her? Or do you have some kind of relation to her?" she questions me. "O-oh! No, actually, was just- just thinking." I reply back.

"What or who were you thinking about?" she asks me with a small smile on her lips. "N-Nothing!" I exclaim. I felt heat rise to my cheeks.

"This was going to be a long day." I thought to myself.

******************
Hey guys! I know this was badly written, sorry about that, but please tell me what you think! Also, sorry about the fact I made them kindergarteners but they speak maturely because idk what to do about that. I'm new to Wattpad, so sorry about that! :/

But I also really hope you enjoy this chapter since you took the time to read it. Help me become a better writer by critiquing this please! Also I may not update this frequently, but idk we'll see if I have time.

Thanks again!

Much love,
smolmacarooni