Chapter 1

I was walking down the streets of New York & heard Michael Jackson, my old summer love was in town. It made me anxious, but ecstatic. Michael & I have been friends, even more then friends for quite sometime, I haven't seen him ages. Last time I saw him was when he & his family left for California and we broke it off.
I'd like to see him, but would he even remember me? Am I that girl the he would put down or am I the girl he couldn't forget? Millions of questions kept running through my mind. I started walking back to my apartment when I heard screaming, in New York that was common, but this, this screaming was crazy. Then I saw a black van with someone standing part way out of the roof waving, I couldn't tell who it was until I looked closely. It was Michael. I stopped in my tracks. I was scared, amazed, shocked & all the memories of us was flowing through my mind. The car came up the block coming closer to where I was standing, next to the Hard Rock Café. My eyes were glued to Michael. I couldn't take my eyes off him, he was.... beautiful. Just then, his eyes met mine. He saw me. He stopped waving. His jaw dropped and he just stared. His fans started murmuring, wondering what was wrong. He realized he was staring then snapped out of the trance. I ducked my head and ran through the crowd, rushing to my apartment. All emotions were running through my body. The glance felt like eternity, when it was really only a few seconds, if that. I finally reached my apartment. I fumbled to get my keys out- I was shaking. Why? "What is your problem Ariana?" I thought to myself. I eventually got the door unlocked. I rushed inside, and slammed the door. I threw my purse & keys on the counter, and ran into my room. I shut the door and leaned against it. "Oh god I miss him. I miss his heartbeat, I miss his kisses. I miss his everything." I thought to myself and began crying. I slowly slid down the door and put my head between my knees. Michael & I were very close, when he broke it off I was heartbroken. I went into a severe depression, and was having anxiety attacks frequently. He broke my heart, I thought I was over him. No matter who I was with nothing could fill the hole he left in my heart. I sat there for a good 10 minutes crying. I stood up and went into the bathroom to wash the faded makeup & salty tears off my face. Once I was finished I went into my room & laid down on the bed. I started thinking about the things Michael & I did. I never realized how much I missed him. I was alone in this world. My parents died in a car crash when I was young, so michael's family was all I had for awhile until he left. Then I stayed with my aunt. She recently just passed from cancer. I'm alone in this world, and I miss him. I cried for a while, then cried to the point where I couldn't cry anymore, and fell asleep.