♤ Chapter 1 ♤

10 years ago
All in the Kingdom was beautiful and bright. For today was the celebration of the prince's 10th birthday. All throughout the kingdom people celebrated with music and decorations all for him.

In honor of the young prince, the kingdom gathered in the castle, for this most joyous occasion. King Garte and Lady Zianna were off preparing festivities, though the young prince, Garroth ,does otherwise.

The young prince rushes through the castle, backpack in arms, in a hurry ."Excuse me! Pardon me! Sorry!" He reaches the door only to be stopped by his younger brothers, Zane and Vlyad.

Zane and Vlyad, although only 8 years old, were both very intelligent. Garroth was the more adventurous prince , for he always seemed to get himself in trouble, and he loved the thrill of the outside world.

"And where do you think your going Garroth?" Garroth looked at his brothers sheepishly. "Um t-to the b-baker! Yeah to see my c-cake?" The younger rolls his eyes while the other stares in confusion. "But your cake is in the kitchen along with the baker?"

The young prince groans annoyed." Fine! I'm going to the forest! But I'll be back in time for my party! Promise!" Zane sighs and look around, "Fine just be safe Garroth..." He smiles and nods quickly leaving to the outer forest unaware of the troubles that lied ahead.

°°°••••☆••••°°°
Present Day
Garroth's POV

Honestly, I never truly got over what happened years ago.. but it's apart of my broken past. It's why I'm no longer the sweet, happy boy my mother raised. Who I am, can't be changed without a miracle from Irene herself.

In this world, it's kill or be killed... and do whatever I have to, to get what I need. And being in a thieves guild has it's benefits. They call me G, well at least that's what I told them to call me. My real name, well, your lucky if you know that...

"Hey Garroth!" Speaking of which... I turn seeing a beautiful woman, long brown hair and sparkling brown eyes. "Hello Teony.." She smiles, he arm mounted upon her hip. "We got another mission from the boss. Go pack up and we meet outside at sunset, got it?"

I stand from my bed and nod slightly. "Got it." She smiles leaving as I pack my materials and sigh picking up my necklace.

As I leave the room, I look around seeing everyone either out on business or sleep, something I honestly don't do. As I step outside, I take in the beauty of the sunset. "It is something huh blondie?" I turn to the voice slightly sighing. Her blonde hair curls among her shoulders and her piercing violet eyes seem to sparkle with mischief.

"You realize your blonde as well right? " She smiles holding my chin up slightly. "Makes it all the more fun for me... blondie." I glare at her wanting to say something but interrupted immediately.

"Alright you two calm down, we have a mission to do." We turn to the hot pink haired female with dark blue eyes. "Which is?" I look at her, my arms crossed impatiently.

She smiles starting to walk off. "Well, we're supposed to gather information on the Kingdom of Phoenix Drop and steal the kingdom crystal.." "Sounds easy enough..." I smirk continuing to follow the others.

"I don't know Garroth, Phoenix Drop has pretty good guards there... it might take time..." I roll my eyes and sigh. "Ivy might be right about this one, so you two can't go off doing your own like you usually do, alright?" Amber sighs and nods, slowly putting her daggers away. "Fine... buzz kills.."