Chapter 4

I woke up to my phone ringing. I looked at my digital clock, and it read 6:13 A.M. I quickly ran and answered my phone, so it won't wake Sophie.

Looking at the caller display, it showed Chase and Lianna's home number.

"What do you want? Do you even know what time is it?" I growled through the phone.

"Woah.... Ree, calm yourself. You're just as worst as Lanny right now and she's going through labour," Chase stated matter factly.

"WHAT? She's going through labour?! And you're just talking casually to me on the phone?!" I whispered-yelled.

"Well that's the thing! She told me to call you, plus I'm packing clothes for her, because she was lazy and didn't get a suitcase ready even though she KNEW she was due any day!" yelled Chase, loudly so Lianna can hear what he said.

"I heard that! Chase, just hurry up! I'm literally dying in pain! REE. Meet me at the hospital!" yelled Lianna through the phone.

"Ok Chase, tell Lanny that I will be there at the hospital but probably won't be there till the next hour to and hour and a half, because I need to wake Sophie and get her stuff ready so she can stay with Dad because it's still early and we don't know how long you'll be in labour," I repied.

"Ree, you know I don't care unless you're there before the baby decides to pop out. Knowing Lanny, she can't deliver the baby by herself, and you know I almost fainted last time, and I do not want to go through that again," said Chase.

"Alright, I"ll meet you two in the hospital," I said and hung up.

I packed some clothes and toys for Sophie, then I took a shower.

After my shower, I woke Sophie.

"Sophie, hurry and change. Auntie is having her baby right now, so I'll be dropping you off at grandpa and grandma's. Emmy's going to be there too," I told Sophie as I picked out her clothes.

"Okay!" she said and ran into the bathroom to brush her teeth.

Fifteen minutes after the call, we left the house.

I dropped off Sophie at Marcus and Fiona's house. 

After dropping Sophie off, I drove to the hospital. I parked my car and ran inside.

"Excuse me, which room is Lianna Evans'?" I asked the nurse at the maternity frontdesk.

"Lianna Evans?" she asked. I nodded.

"It's room 713," she told me.

"Thank you," I said and ran to her room.

"HOLY COW. You're finally here! I thought I was going to to deliver this baby on my own!" yelled Lianna in pain.

"Don't worry, I'm here now. How far diallated are you?" I asked.

"She's at a 9 right now, we are going to push her into an operating room," replied the nurse that I failed to see.

"Perfect," I muttered remembering Lianna cursing as doctors told her to push, when she was giving birth to Emmy.

**************** 2 hours later ************

"You, baby boy is stubborn. Look what momma did to Auntie's hand when she was giving birth to you," said Chase.

"It's alright. It's not like I didn't bruise Lanny's hands when I was having Sophie," I said with a laugh.

"That's true," replied Chase, staring adoringly at his baby boy.

"I agree with you this boy is stubborn. Let me look at him," said Lianna. Chase handed her the boy.

"Oh, aren't you a little cutie. You're looking just like daddy," cooed Lianna.

"He definitely does look like Chase," I agreed with Lianna.

"What shall you be called?" asked Lianna.

"How about Matthew?" Chase recommanded.

"You do look like a Matthew... Matthew it is," agreed Lianna.

I walked over to Lianna and sat on her bed.

"Welcome Matthew Evans," I said and as I kissed his soft forehead.