Chapter 6: Is he Really so Bad?

I woke up in my room with not much memory of the day after the confrontation with the 'capitol official' kids. I had sort of switched onto autopilot. I checked the alarm next to my bed for a time. It was 11 p.m. I vaguely remember going to bed around eight. After staring at the ceiling of my bedroom for a good ten minutes I still couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about earlier, when Calumn was controlling me. I felt so helpless. I never wanted to feel that again. Helping me or not, I needed control over my own body. As if fate herself had orchestrated it, Calumn burst through the door laughing. I jumped backwards with fright. Not thinking straight I jumped off the bed and grabbed the closest thing to me, which happened to be a lamp. What good would that do me if he could grab my mind? Confused and afraid I backed into the corner. Finally catching his breath he starts laughing again. This isn't funny, or proper. When he finally stopped laughing he sunk to the floor.
"I'm so tired of doing work. I need a break."
Carefully I lower the lamp back onto the nightstand, a little less terrified of the now boy-like prince in my room.
"What are you doing in here?" I walked closer to him but realized quickly it was a mistake when he grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the floor. I was practically on top of him. Gosh dang it I shouldn't have let my guard down so easy!
"Get off of me you jerk!" I shoved him and stumbled backwards, my night gown caught under his foot.
"I believe you were the one on me." He smirked and before I knew what was happening he was above me. His hands on both sides of me so I couldn't move. Terrified my heart began to pound. I cursed myself for this. Just because he saved you at practice doesn't mean he cares anything about you. He was toying with you. He stared at me for a moment and then began to laugh again, sitting up. Was everything just a joke to him!? I stood up and brushed myself off. I summoned my courage and with the most authoritative voice I could muster, demanded him to leave.
"Get out of my room right now!"
After a moment of silence his expression changed to mock offense.
"Please, I'm a gentleman. I wasn't actually going to try anything."
"Get. Out."
He stood and reached for the door, but when he touched the door handle he stopped.
"Well, I was hoping to take you to the community part of the ship but I guess someone like you would hate to see a place like that."
The community part of the ship? The major ship's community center was a legend on earth. It was known for it's incredible beauty and design. Although no one could say for sure because no one had ever returned from the major ship. I couldn't let him play this game. I won't give in. I couldn't and I wouldn't. I shouldn't.

"Wait," I said.
He turned, and in a fake sarcastic voice replied.
"Yes?"

"I do want to see the community center."

"I thought so. Now, come on." He rushed out the door and I followed. He walked faster than I could keep up, but I eventually did catch up to him. We arrived in front of the largest elevators on the ship. I wondered how it worked while the ship was moving so fast. They must have some sort of stabilizer. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the elevator quickly.