²

Present

Amelia's PoV

I sped up, running faster. I looked behind me, Jackson and his gang were getting closer. "Come on, Amelia! Can't run forever!" I heard one of his friend yell. Jacksons house, where I lived as well, was only a few miles away, I could see it.

Janice was standing outside watering the flowers. I could hear Jackson telling his friends to stop, as his mom didn't know he bullied me. My vision was going dotty from the lack of breath. I was almost to the house before I tripped and hit my head on the sidewalk.

I could hear footsteps and what sounded like Jacksons and Janice's voice. Both panicking. But I couldn't see what was happening. Everything was blurry. I felt someone hold my hand, telling me not to fall asleep and soon everything went black.

-

Beeping. Sobbing. And whispering was all I could hear. I felt a needle in my arm, which meant I was hooked to a IV. So the beeping was a monitor. Was I in the hospital again? Most definitely.

I felt someone hold my right hand, they squeezed it lightly. "Come on, Amelia. Wake up." Janice. She was here, so where was Jackson. It was that son of a bitches fault! I heard a door click open. "Mom, I got some food for you." Jackson.

"Thank you, Jackson." Her voice sounded a little gone, almost like I'd been here for days and she had cried. I decided to open my eyes a little. Janice was seated on my right with her head down. "I can't lose Amelia. She's like a daughter." She was saying.

I moved my head to look at her better and felt a surge of pain go through my head. I winced at the pain, causing Janice and Jackson to look at me. "I'll go get a doctor sweety. Jackson, sit here." Jackson sat down next to me with his arms crossed as Janice walked out.

Once his mom left the room he burst into tears and grabbed my hand. "I'm so sorry. If we hadn't chased you from school, this wouldn't have happened." He was sobbing. I wanted to talk, but moving hurt so badly, so I just squeezed his hand.

I heard the door click open and a doctor and Janice walked in. Jackson composed himself and stood up. "Hey there, Amelia. I'm just here to check your vitals. You've been out for a week and didn't think you would wake up." I nodded, shocked and let him do his thing.

-

Two days after I woke up in the hospital I was back home. I couldn't go to school for another week, so Jackson was in charge of bringing my school work. He was also in charge of helping me change, shower, and move around. The doctor said I hit my head pretty hard and would need help with things for a few days.

I was seated on my bed doing my homework when Jackson came in. He walked over to my side and got out my pajamas and took them to the bathroom. "Mom said you should start moving around on your own with my supervision. She said it will be painful, but she said it would get better." I nodded, slowly.

Jackson helped me out of the bed, causing me to wince from the head rush. He moved his hands and allowed me to walk to the bathroom. Every step made my head pound. My vision went blurry and leaned against the wall. "I've got it. Just, give me a min." He nodded and allowed me to walk the rest of the way.

-

↓ A/N ↓

Hello! So, to clear this up before people get confused. She (Amelia) hit her head on concrete which caused her to have head rushes when she stood up and pain when she stepped. It'll go away after a while.

Anyway, vote and comment!

|Aubrey|