CHAPTER 5 - FROM COMPLIMENTS TO DATING

A/N: I'm really sorry for the long time with no updates but I've experienced some great ups and downs in my life and simply didn't have the mood for writing. I hope you all had a merry Christmas and I do believe everything's gonna be better the next year! So happy and lucky new year to all of you! :x

Present Day

Ellie took off after her friend who had rushed past her and hurried towards the exit. "Aileen, wait! Heey! Slow down!"

But Aileen paid no mind to her cries. She was already making her way through the crowd of fans who waited for their movie stars to show up. The people were huffing in irritation as she was roughly pushing them out of her way, while Ellie was flashing all of them sheepish smiles and mumbling some apologetic words.

Once they were finally out of that bloody shop, Aileen's fast and determined steps came to a halt. She was trebmling as cold shivers ran up an down her spine and her breathing was quite uneven. Was it really possible that this guy resembled Dorian so very much, in every single detail? He even sounded just like him!

"What the hell was that?" Ellie grumbled with her brows furrowed into a puzzled frown.

"What do you mean?" Aileen regarded her with an equally confused look.

"I mean... you and him and all those stares and glances. I saw it! You two know each other?" Ellie asked suspiciously.

"No!" Aileen exclaimed in her defense. "I have never met him before!"

Her friend took a disgruntled stance and crossed her arms in front of herself. "Yeah. And that's why you both stared at one another like long lost lovers." she uttered with a mocking voice. "Come on! I'm your best friend, you can tell me anything."

Aileen casted her eyes aside and sighed. "I can't. It's complicated."

"I swear I won't tease you anymore. But please, please tell me." Ellie literally pouted, looking like a puppy begging for his favorite treats.

Aileen couldn't help but smile at her theatrical performance right there on the street. But she shook her head in denial and started to walk in the direction of their home.

"Aileen, wait." Ellie stopped her by catching her arm. "Shall we take a taxi?"

"No, I will prefer the walk. But you can go ahead if you want." she said gingerly and motioned to a line of yellow cars on the other side of the road.

Ellie cringed her nose at the suggestion. "Can I walk with you?" she asked rather warily, she had a strong feeling that Aileen needed her more than ever before now. Or maybe she just wanted to be left alone.

"That would be great. Thanks, Ellie."Aileen agreed with gratitude and linked her arm with the other girl as they both continued their way home together.

It was a fairly long way through London's centre but neither of them seemed to mind. The air was pleasantly warm that late summer afternoon and the girls strolled the streets at a lazy pace, even stopping by an ice-cream cart. Ellie had quitted asking questions although the earlier events still gnawed at the corner of her mind. But she remained tongue-tied about it which Aileen felt greatly thankful for.

"I need a hot shower." Aileen muttered once they had got inside their cozy apartment whilst Ellie tossed her keys onto a shelve next to the door.

"Sounds like a good idea, my turn is right after you." Ellie tittered merrily and went directly to the kitchen to snatch something for light supper.

Aileen joined her soon after she had managed to calm down her nerves under the hot streams of water. It always worked for her. And today she really needed it. She prepared two toasts with eggs for herself and started to eat as well when someone knocked on the door.