Aliyah Anderson: part 1

"Aliyah! Get your lazy ass up now!" The woman I call mom screamed from across the hall. I lazily climbed out of my comfortable bed. I groggily went downstairs. I prefer Lia over  Aliyah.

Mom and Dad had one bag. Dad threw it at me. I picked it up. They made me get in the back seat of their car. We stopped at Sunny Bridges Ophanage. They pushed my out, and sped off. I stared shocked. Then I walked into the building. I refused to cry.

The lady at the desk, Marie showed me my room. I shared it with this scary looking boy. I went into our rooms bathroom. I looked at my reflection. My long dirty blonde hair was matted. My blue eyes looked like I hadnt slept in days. I went into the room.

The boy Damien was smoking. "What are you looking at?!" He demanded. I flinched. "Sorry I.. I just didn't know we were allowed to have those things here." I whispered. He pulled out a switch blade. "No one cares new girl. And if I were you I'd be careful. Not everyone here is as nice as me." He glared.

I gulped. "This is nice?" I muttered. He put out his cig and walked over to me. The sunlight from the window reflected on his blade. I stood up and backed away. He pinned me against the wall. He put the blade to my neck. I bit my lip to keep me from crying out. "I should teach you a lesson. But since your new here I will give you a warning instead. If you ever mouth off to me again I sware I will slit your neck while your sleeping. Got it blondie?" He growled. "understood." I said. He let go of me and left the room.

I attempted to calm my racing heart. I was terrified now. A single tear stroled down my face. I quickly wiped it away. I laid down in bed. I stayed there all day. Then I went to bed. I woke up to someone shaking me.

I opened my eyes and went to scream. Someone covered my mouth and turned on the light. it was Damian. he removed his hand. I looked at the clock on the wall. It was midnight. I looked at him with a puzzled expression. "Lia right?" He asked. I nodded. "Well we need to get out of here for the night." he hurried.

"We?" I asked. "Yes we." He said annoyingly. "why?" I asked. Then I heard banging on the door. "To aviod being killed" he paniced. I shot out of bed. I grabbed my backpack. I followed Damian out the window.

He led me to an allyway. When we arived we both were exhausted. we sat down. "You know most people would have left you there but I didn't want your blood on anyone else's hands but mine." he said. "I don't know if I should be greatful or scared." I rolled my eyes. He struged. "Why were we avoiding being killed?" I questioned slowly. "Cause I stole some money from some dickheads." He gave a crooked smile.

I stood up and began walking. "Hey where are you going?" Damian yelled. "Im tired so a motel." I said. "You have money." He asked. "Nope" I stated. "Then how do you insist on getting in." He questioned. "I have my ways." I rolled my eyes.

He kept following me, but I was afraid of him so I said nothing. I got to the motel. I walked into the lobby and went to the front desk. "Hello ma'am may I speak to your boss?" I spoke up.

She nodded. My old boyfriends dad walked out. "Hello Jim." I smiled. "Lia." He spoke hugging me. "i was hoping my friend and I could stay in a room tonight. I'm broke and my parents put me in a orphanage and this dumb person behind me got into some trouble so please?" I begged. He nodded and gave me room 12.

I walked to it. We went inside. I took a bed and Damien took the other. Early in the morning we snuck back into the ophanage. "Your not so bad blondie. " Damien told me. "Thanks your as bad as I originally thought." I said. He threw me a spare switch blade. "Trust me you'll need this." He took me. "Thanks." I smiled.