Chapter One~

~Chapter One~

**Bro Down isn't a real band, haha, just putting that out there** 

"Lilly-Mae! Come down, now! This is the final time I'm calling you down!" My mother shouts for the fifth time this morning. I groan, and roll out of my bed, coming face-to-face with my wall full of posters. I smile to myself, because, if I admit that I was smiling at the faces of all the bands and singers that have saved my life, I might sound a little crazy. 

I walk over to my door, yanking it open. "Yeah, okay Mum! I'm just going to get changed!" I yell down. I close the door again and go to my drawers to pull out some clothes. 

Today's the first day of the summer holidays, finally year 10 is over, and I can relax a little before having to stress about year 11. Mock exam results were pretty good, ranging from A's to C's, with the exception of one E in Biology. 

I pull out a pair of black, ripped skinny jeans, and my superman shirt. I pull off my pyjamas and shimmy into my jeans, then pulling my t-shirt over my head. I slip on some white ankle socks, then head towards the door, pausing by my favourite poster on my wall. The Bro Down poster I have, stuck by my bed, is one that's the size of about four A4 sheets of paper, the biggest on I have in my room. 

In the photo, there's Greg Thompson, sitting behind his drums, sticks up in the hair. Jaden Cole standing with his bass by his side. Benjy Cole, standing with his guitar slung over his shoulder. Then finally, there's Darren Waters, standing with his hand on his guitar, looking like he's in mid play. 

All of the boys are looking at the camera, apart from Darren. They're all smiling, but Darren's smiling at his guitar rather than the camera. Most people have noticed this. He never  looks directly at the camera, and no one knows why. Well, no one on the fan sites I go on, anyway. 

I hear Mum call me again, and I take one last look at the poster, before heading out of the room. I walk down the stairs and get barged into by my brother, Johnny. He smirks at me when he makes me trip it.

"Dick." I mumble under my breath. He punches me in the arm, not hard enough to leave a mark, but hard enough to make me gasp. "Hey, what was that for!?" I yell at my older sibling. Johnny just smirks again and walks up the stairs. 

I roll my eyes at his back, then continue my journey to the kitchen. I see Mum at the oven, cooking up some breakfast. Dad's sat up to the table, eating some toast while reading a paper. "Morning." I say when I enter, going over to get a glass and the apple juice. 

Mum turns with a smile. A smile that drops when she sees what I'm wearing. "Lilly-Mae, sweetheart, why are you wearing those tatty old jeans. I bought you some new ones and put them in your wardrobe, didn't you see them?" Yes, I did. But they weren't the type that I wear. The ones she'd got has no shape in at all. 

"Yeah, but these still have some use in them." I say, taking my glass of apple juice and sitting next to Dad. 

Dad looks up at me as I sit beside him, giving me a small smile. He's used to Mum and my ... differences in opinion when it comes to clothes. Mum wants me to dress like a Victorian virgin, whereas I want to dress like an average teenage girl. 

"Jackie, let the girl wear those jeans. If she gets cold knees, she knows who to blame." He reasons with Mum. Mum lets out a sigh, and returns her attention to the cooker.

"Okay, I suppose so." Is all she says. I grin at Dad, and he tips an imaginary hat to me, smiling. I finish my glass and stand up, taking my glass over to the sink to rinse it out. I put the glass back in the cupboard.