Chapter Six~

~Chapter Six~

I close my laptop after reading the email. I'm too preoccupied to reply. I wander around my room, all too aware that Bro Down is a floor above me. I groan in frustration. Why has I said it was cool that Darren came here? Because it's his house, Stupid, the voice in my head slams me.

Even my head thinks I'm stupid. There's no hope.

I go to my wardrobe, pulling out a few selections of clothes. I want to wear something that doesn't scream I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN, HOLY FUDGE, because, I don't think that will get me very far, to be honest. I settle for a pair of black skinnys and my white T-shirt that has HEMMINGS 96 on the front and back. Yeah, I'm a Luke girl, bite me.

I pull on a different pair of fuzzy socks and pull my hair out of the mess. I brush it through, and let it hang, loosely, to my waist. There's a few little waves in it. I pick up a grey zip-up jacket off the floor, adding it to my body.

I check in the mirror. I don't look to bad for someone freaking the hell out. I pick up my phone and put it in my back pocket of my jeans. I take a deep breath, and walk out of my room. I hear Daisy in her bedroom, giggling away to herself. I smile, before treading carefully, not to make too much noise, over to her room.

I knock gently on her door. I hear a bit of shuffling on the other side of the door, then it opens a little bit. Daisy's glowing face pokes out of the gap. "Hello, Lilly-Mae, friend! Are you ready to come and play now?" She asks, taking my hand in hers. I laugh softly.

"Sure, Daisy. What are you playing?" She opens the door wider, and I see she's not alone. Sat on the pink carpet, holding a blonde Barbie doll in his hand, is Darren freaking Waters. He looks up when I walk in, then they widen. He drops the doll and stands up, coughing.

"Sup?" He asks, leaning against the wall, hands in pockets. I resist the urge to scream or laugh. I just smile and shrug slightly, not really trusting my voice. He chuckles. "Okay, well,see ya." With that, he pushes past me, out of his sister's bedroom. 

Daisy's face falls, and she rushes out after him. "Darren," I hear her little voice plea, "Please come back and play with me and Lilly-Mae friend." I know I shouldn't, and I feel pretty bad for admitting this, but I watched through the gap between door and the wall.

Darren's crouched down to Daisy's level, and he's holding her tiny hands in his large ones. "Daisy, I can't play with you and your friend. I ... I'm busy. I'll come play later, okay?" He offers, his blue eyes looking into Daisy's identical ones.

For a moment, I think she's going to kick off. "Okay," She says, her lip quivering. "You play with me later. And you can meet Lilly-Mae friend nicely." She states, poking him in the shoulder. Darren laughs, clutching his shoulder as if she really hurt him with her tiny finger.

Daisy's giggling, and poking Darren all over. Okay, maybe that hurt, when she poked him in the eye. Darren laughs as he picks her up, and moves her away so he can get to his feet. "Alright Daisy! I'll meet your friend properly, later. Happy?" Daisy grins up at him. "You're a strange kid." He ruffles her blonde hair, and turns to the door that I'm guessing leads up to the attic.

Daisy comes back into her room, smiling. She sits cross legged in front of me, and passes me the Barbie that Darren was holding. I try to control my breathing when my hand comes into contact with it, and ignore the fact that Darren was holding it only minutes ago. 

Daisy and I play Barbies for about an hour, before she decides she's hungry and wants me to make her some toast. "Want a piggy back?" I offer. She grins, and jumps up on her bed, clapping. I laugh, as I turn my back to her. She climbs up, and I hold her tiny legs to my sides to she doesn't fall off. Daisy's pretty much strangling me, but there's not really much I can do about that.