Chapter 4

In New Orleans...

Caroline stepped into Klaus' huge mansion and looked around. It was ginormous.

"Well shit." Caroline said. Then she realized she really needed to feed. "Is there a human around here or blood bags or something?"

"Yeah. The maid should be around here somewhere." Klaus said

"Mkay. I'll be finding her." Caroline said emotionless.

Klaus sighed and went to the liquor cabinet. He took out the bourbon and sat down on his huge couch. Caroline walked in with blood all over her mouth. She came over and sat down by Klaus grabbing the bourbon out of his hand and taking a swig of it. Klaus wiped the blood off her mouth with his thumb. He took the bottle back and stood up.

"Well, we have a party to attend to tonight." Klaus said walking upstairs. 

Caroline jumped up and followed him.

" a party?" She asked. "What am I supposed to wear?!"

"Well I don't know love. Why don't you come with me?" He responded.

She sighed and followed him upstairs. As she was walking upstairs a painting caught her eye. Getting a closer look, she noticed that the girl in the painting was wearing the same bracelet as hers. The same one Klaus gave her. She also noticed that the girl was identical to herself. The painting wasn't signed in Klaus' name. It kinda freaked Caroline out.

"Klaus!" Caroline shouted.

"Yes love?" Klaus said turning around.

"What Is this? She looks just like me and she is wearing the same bracelet." Caroline said holding up her wrist.

Klaus looked at the beautiful bracelet he gave her and smiled.

"You're wearing it." He said.

"Yeah I always wear it but that's not the point. Who the hell is this?" Caroline growled.

"Her name was Charlotte. Princess Charlotte Williams.  She was the first girl Ive ever loved." Klaus said quietly.

"You told me it was worn by a princess almost as beautiful as me. How is that possible If we look exactly alike?" Caroline asked.

"Ah, but Charlotte, she was dark. She was stubborn, and impulsive and dark. You, you're full of light and you're strong and caring." Klaus explained.

"I was." Caroline growled.

"Just remember who you are, love." Klaus said softly.

Caroline ignored him. "So what's the deal with her? Is she dead?"

"No." He replied continuing to walk upstairs

"Then where is she?" she asked following him.

"Who would know? She left me. I looked for her for decades and I never found her." Klaus said sadly.

"Oh, well she's a bitch." Caroline said bluntly.

Klaus chuckled and took another swig of his bourbon. He stepped into the master bedroom and opened up the closet doors.

"Wear whatever you want. They're all designer and expensive. I figured it would please you." Klaus said walking away.

Caroline looked in the closet. It was the size of her bedroom. She'd probably take hours to get ready.

"Take your time love. I'll be downstairs." Klaus yelled from the staircase.

After Caroline took about an hour getting ready she finally came downstairs. She was wearing a red short one shoulder dress with silver pumps. Her hair was straight again, and she had dark eye makeup on with red lipstick. Klaus looked up from the couch. He gave her that same look of love he always did as she walked down the stairs.

Klaus was simply wearing jeans and a black v neck. He stood up walking over to her.

"You look stunning." He said admiring her.

"Thanks." Caroline said blankly.

"Shall we?" Klaus said holding out his arm for her. She nodded and looped her arm through his.