How to Stop Hiding From Your Story by Lyon Brave

After living a life of hardship and adversity, we start to forget the light within us and hide in the shadows. Dwelling in darkness is the worse thing you can do to yourself, society and your friends. After experiencing something dramatic, it's natural to want to withdraw for awhile, but at some point we have to emerge from our tragedies.

You feel different when you emerge. You don't feel as light and bubbly as you used to be. You distrust people. You are easier to provoke. For these reasons, you feel your company is unworthy of the happy people you used to be.

I'm going to let you in on a secret, faces hide as much as they reveal. When you walk into a room, really look at people and it will hit you, they have seen and experienced some awful stuff too.

Sometimes it's not until you have experienced suffering, that you can sense it in others. Suffering doesn't make you a less beautiful person. It makes you human. Being victimized doesn't make you unworthy of life or the company of others. It makes you wiser. You are not as light as you used to because your not as naive as you used to be.

Imagine how powerful your story becomes once you lived through a few horror stories. A rich kid, who had everything handed to him and never left the valley, is not very interesting to listen to or anyone's favorite protagonist. People root for the underdog.

The underdogs is everyone's favorite protagonist in a movie or novel and in real life. If you can be the underdog, the person who became a rags to riches story, the person who escaped a hostage situation, the person who used their rape story as a motivator to educate women and earn a black belt, that's very powerful. If you are the underdog the whole world is rooting for you and hoping you make it.
Transforming the Victim by Lyon Amor Brave

The unfortunate circumstances that you lived through and witnessed, don't make you an unworthy person

The unfortunate circumstances that you lived through and witnessed, don't make you an unworthy person. You got to change how you look at your story. The way you tell your story is very important. Your journey is what turned you into a strong person. Stop feeling bad about what happened to you. Please don't be the woe is me person. Look at all the knowledge you have gained from the punches life has thrown at you.

Now you float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, and that's very powerful. You can't learn moves like that without being up against the ropes. The best way I can describe life is it's a training ground to test your soul. You are here on Earth to see what you are really made of. It takes a war to create a warrior.

Trust me whatever you experienced, the human world needs you now more than ever, if only to share your story to let others now they are not alone.