Chapter 2

With one last sigh I opened the school door. It was the same as last year, the popular's which included the Jocks and cheerleaders were together either snickering at someone less popular or tormenting a defenseless kid. Then came the Goths who basically came for the food. In a small corner stood the sci-fi geeks and then there was me, A loser who never blended. All of my best friends were considered kind of popular and I was thought as the loser. I quickly ran towards my locker and put all the books in my locker and went towards the Principal's office to pick up my class schedule. I went to the secretary and took the sheet. Oh, God I only had P.E with my best friends. I sighed and went walking towards History. I kept my head down not wanting to make eye contact and just stared at the floor. I kept thinking about how I could earn some extra money for college when I bumped into someone. I landed on the floor with a thud and looked up to see Niall Horan, the star quaterback. His blonde hair and blue eyes were so cute that they brought a smile to my face but I quickly wiped it away, said sorry and ran into class. I hated being watched. I ran towards the back of the class and took out my textbooks. School dreaded on and finally school was over. I ran home and dumped my bag on my bed and ran to Starbucks. I entered through the back door and grabbed my apron. I went to the counter and greeted Al with a smile. "Hey Al" "Hey there Gem, I'm done with my shift, you can start." I sat and waited for the next customers. I heard the door open, so I quickly got up and smiled, which was quickly wiped away as I came face to face with Alex. "Good afternoon what would you like?" I said as I gritted my teeth. "Hey doggy breath, make it 3 lattes and 1 hot chocolate" she said threw her disgusting voice. "Coming right up" I quickly got her order ready and served it at her table. "Eew what's this I didn't ask for water" Alex sneered and spilled her latte all over my clothes. I gasped as tears sprung threw my eyes and ran outside towards the park. I went and sat under my favorite tree next to the lake and sobbed. I hated my life it was so messed up no matter how much I tried to make it normal. I stared at the ducks which swam in the lake and saw a small duckling waddle towards me. I smiled and quickly got out some bread from Lunch. "Aww how sweet" someone said behind me. I jumped a little, startled and turned around to see Luke and his eyes. He smiled and sat beside me. "Watcha doin here all alone?" He asked me. I just sat there quietly as he petted the duckling. "Hey I'm Niall" as he brought his hand forward. "Gemma" I said as I shacked his hand. We sat there in comfortable silence till I got up and said "I have to go my mom must be waiting for me, nice meeting you" "Bye Gemma" he grinned which should his cute dimples. I ran towards the building and unlocked the apartment. I decided to go shower after this stressful day. I quickly got out and started thinking about things I could do. Then I remembered my mom mentioning Mr. and Mrs. Horan who needed someone to babysit there son. I quickly dialed their home number and promised to baby sit for them tomorrow. The next day passed by quickly and I went home to get ready as I didn't have to work at Starbucks today. I showered and wore some nice clothes for a good impression (Link at the bottom) I reached their house at 6 and rang their doorbell. I gasped to see the unexpected open the door.

Link: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=120169283

A.N

I'll try to make it longer next time

~Famma~