Chapter twelve: (nearly) The Last Goodbye

Avas pov:

I woke up and it was still night. I climbed out of darks arms and tiptoed to the door. I needed to find my friends. I tiptoed through the house looking in everu room. Including the one with the scratch marks. Nothing. I went downstairs and something caught my eye. I looked and it was a lock. Hmm... I looked around... until I saw something small. I looked and it was a key above the cupboards. Thats so high up though.
I climbed on the counter. BING! I looked and saw my tail almost knocking over a jar of sugar for coffee. Whew. I continue to crawl until I reached the cupboard I needed to climb. I got on my hind legs and jumped. Since im a cat. "Yes!" I whispered yelled. Suddenly I heard a door open. Crap. I ducked down hearing footsteps. Then I heard a door open and saw light. Someone must of been going to the bathroom. I looked up and the door was closing. I jumped from the cupboard and speed walked to the door.

By the time when I went to the door I put my head against it to hear any noise. I hears whispers. That must be my friends! I unlocked the door and opened it. "Ava!" Someone whispered. "Guys. Im gonna get you out of here. Just leave when I unlock the thing on your hands." "Are you sure?" "Yes. If you take me with you then dark might go crazy and search for me." I said. "Yea but... just come with us! Its better to live life out there then here." I thought for a second "ugh... well... fine! Ill come with you!" I whispered yelled. I unlocked the locks from them. Then we quickly came out of the room. Suddenly the bathroom door opens. We scattered and hid. I hid next to the stairs where I can see the person. It was Anti. We walked back to the bedroom and shut the door. All of us snuck out and ran. We ran far far off from them. We stopped at a town that we could stay. "Guys. I think I found the answer to we can get rid of those demons." I opened the book and showed them the spells.

I explained them what we needed. Marcello, katelyn, and javier went with jack. I went with mark cause he said he might needed help for the spell.
I looked at my spell book at the spell for the ingredients. "Well... it looks like I should taje the risk." I said pointingat tge spells ingredients. "No. Were not taking any risks. Not on my watch." Mark said in his stern voice. "Well it says right here-" then mark interupted me and grabbed the spell book. God whats with him? Mark skims at the paragraphs in the spell book. "Ugh..." he sighs and gives the book back to me. He rested his head on his hand. "I just dont wanna... I dont understand it..." I raised a brow at the sudden statement. Something up with him? "Like..." I began trying to think of something to say. Mark sat on a rock.
"I dont... well... keeping you safe I would say?" He says questioning at the end. "Maybe being protective?" I asked.

"Could be. I have been feeling that way since I.. well me and jack saw you." He says.

"I think that sounds like what parents do. They have to protect their child from dangerous things." I state the reason what he feels. "Basically you're acting like a parent. You take care of the child, feed, play, and other things you gotta do. My parents tell me that they try their best on taking care of me."

"Maybe you're right. Dark and Anti took over this world and me, jack, you, and your friends are like the only ones on earth right now." He smiled. "Dont worry. Ill protect you." I smiled. "Im sure my parents will be happy about that." Mark my hood over my head. I love this man.

After the conversation there was a low rumble. I went to mark just in case. I looked at marks face. He was mad. I looked and saw them again. Great. "Anti. Now." Anti teleported to mark and grabbed his hands and face then pinned him onto the ground. I fall back and started crawling back. "AVA RUN NOW!" I didnt want to... then I heard screaming from Mark... Dark suddenly grabbed me.

Anti...
Held a knife at marks neck...

My anger rose...

"Dont. F*cking. Mess. With. Mark."

"Whoa sweetie... sudden change?"

I looked at Dark dead in the eye.

"Let. Me. Go."

"Why?"

"Cause. I Said So...

F*cker."

I took a swing at his face. He fell back.
Then I went over to him and punched him in the face with all of my might.
I couldnt stand the pain, the suffering, the sadness... I had to do it.

((Near the ending...))