3. The notebook

Me, Anna and Izzy were all sat at the dinner table talking about random things.

"Eden! You have to eat something! Look at you, you're stick thin!" Izzy says poking my side. This conversation had sprung up after they had noticed I barely eat.

"Fine" I say and roll my eyes. As it was dinner, there were a lot of different foods, so I got a piece of toast and started eating it as quickly as possible.

"You look so silly!" Anna said while laughing.

"I don't really care, to be honest." I say with my mouthful.

"But would you if you knew a certain quidditch captain was looking at you?" Izzy says smirking.

I turn around quickly and look over in Wood's directions, and sure enough he was there slightly chuckling at me. I turn around to the girls again and feel my face heat up.

"Eden, you've gone bright red! I think you have a crush." Anna says earning a small laugh from Izzy.

"I do not! I've only been here a day!" I say disgraced. Me? Has a crush on Oliver Wood! I think not!

Dramatically, I stand up and stomp over to where wood and his friends are sitting, I sit down and open my book.

"Garden, what are you doing?" Wood says, I can feel all his friends turn towards me in confusion as they had never seen me before.

"Is her name actually Garden?" One is his friends with dark brown hair says poking my cheek.

"No, my name is Eden Sloan." I say. "And I'm french. Yes I'm fluent, yes I went to beauxbatons, yes it was lovely." I say answering all the questions I was about to be asked.

I open my notebook and began to draw my old uniform. I never let anyone touch my book. Inside it had secrets, songs, stories, drawings and ideas that I could not share.

Just as I was about to finish my masterpiece, I feel my book being ripped from underneath my grip by the same boy who thought my name was Garden.

"Oo look at this boys. Looks like Fancy-French Girl misses Beauxbatons!" He says waving my picture about.

 Looks like Fancy-French Girl misses Beauxbatons!" He says waving my picture about

I'm not an artist, I just like the look of this from my own brain.

Then he has the nerve to flip the page to a diary entry.

"What's this? A diary entry from yesterday?" He says, and I go bright red. I know what's in that.

"Blah blah slip the boring bit. Ohh." He pauses and puts on a girly voice. "Anna reminds me of my old friend Kathryn and Izzy reminds me of Ellie. I miss them so so much. I miss Nathan too.
I also met someone called Oliver Wood! He said he was the captain of Gryffindors quidditch team! I love quidditch, not that I know what Gryffindor is yet, but I'm sure I'll find out. He is really nice. And tall, I like tall people. I also like his accent, better than my French one.
La Vie En Rose
-Eden xoxo" he says. When he says the bit about Oliver, we both go bright red. And what also annoyed me was that he pronounced La Vie En Rose completely wrong.

"What does La Vie En Rose mean, Garden?" Oliver said.

"Find it out yourself! Dumb ass!" I shout in rage. And without thinking I storm off, leaving the notebook in Oliver's hands.

-

"Knock knock" I hear a Scottish accent through my door.

"Come in!" I say and roll my eyes.

He hand the book back. "Life in pink? Really?" He says. La Vie En Rose means Life in pink. I nod

"I'm sorry about what I called you! I can't lose a friend already!" I say fake sulking

"It's a fine, honestly. Anyway, chad said he was very sorry about exposing your notebook like that.

He leaves the room and I go to sleep that night with a smile on my face

-

3am writing because INSOMNIA!
Comment what your favourite hogwarts class is for a mention in a few chapters (it will come into the story e.g you comment potions, potions will be Eden's first lesson. Picked randomly!)

-Emily xo