2. The Upside Down

Y/N POV

I stole I bike that was laying outside of a store I ran past. Everyone was in danger, so I had to take it. I just passed Melvalds when I heard tires screeching I looked down a alley and on the road behind it was the bad men. Crap. Then I thought, everyone else was probably safer except Lucas, Dustin, Mike, and El. I road he bike as fast as I could back to the school. If they were in danger, I wanted to be there with them to.

Mike's POV

I sat next to El, when I heard Dustin scream "Mike, I found the chocolate pudding!" "Okay!" I yelled back. I continued to talk to El. "Are you feeling any better?" I asked El. She shrugged. "What's pudding?" She asked. "Pudding, it's... this chocolate goo you eat with a spoon." She looked discussed. "Don't worry, when all this is over, you won't have to keep eating junk food and leftovers like a dog anymore." I couldn't wait till all this was over, and we could all live a normal life. "My mom, she's a pretty awesome cook. She can make you whatever you like." I told her. "Eggos?" She needed to expand her variations of food. "Well, yeah, eggos, but real food, too." I sighed. "See, I was thinking, once all this was over and Will's back and you're not a secret anymore, my parents can get you a actual bed for the basement. Or you can take my room if you want, since I'm down there all the time anyways. My point is, they'll take care of you. They'll be like your new parents, and Nancy, she'll be like your new sister." "Will you be like my brother?" She asked. No.

"What? No, no." "Why no?" "Because... 'cause it's different." "Why?" At some point I think I'd have to tell her why, it's because I like her, not just as a friend though. "I mean, I don't know, I guess it's not. It's stupid." I looked down trying to avoid eye contact, I didn't want to tell her. "Mike?" "Yeah?" I answered her. "Friends don't lie." I took a deep breath. "Well... I was thinking... I don't know... maybe we could go to the Snow Ball together." I spat it out. "Snow Ball?" She asked. "It's this cheesy school dance, where you go in the gym and dance to music and stuff. I've never been, but I know your not supposed to go with your sister." "No?" "I mean... you can, but it'd be really weird. You go to school dances with someone that, you know... someone that you like." "A friend?" I really did like El, I wanted us to be together, but I didn't know if she liked me back like that... there was only one way you could tell if they liked you back. "Not a friend. Uh... uh... uh, someone like a..." I was gonna do it,

I'm gonna kiss her. I went in fast, and kissed her in the lips, this was my first kiss and obviously this was hers too. We both smiled. Then I noticed the car lights out the window, it must be Nancy. "Nancy. Hold on. I'll be right back. Stay here." I told El and I went to go see Nancy. I walked outside, there was more than one car. The tires screeched. It was the bad men.

Lucas's POV

We were coming back with the pudding when the back doors slammed open. Dustin dropped his pudding. "Ahh!" I looked to see who it was, it was Y/N I dropped the pudding, I told Dustin to take the pudding back to El, and he did. I hugged her. "Oh my god! Y/N where did you go?" She did respond. Then I noticed she was out of breath. She was breathing heavily and she was sweating even though it was cold outside. She was trying to say something. "Lucas... there... the bad men... there on there... way here..." She someone said. Oh no. I grabbed her. There was no time for a break, I ran to tell the others while holding Y/N hand. I busted the cafeteria door down. Dustin was giving El pudding. "There here!" I yelled. "What?" Dustin asked. "The bad men!" Then I noticed Mike wasn't there. "Where Mike?" Mike came busting through the door. "They found us." Mike said.

We needed to leave. Dustin ran to turn off the cafeteria light off and we ran into the hallways trying to make our way out of the building. I could tell we were close. "How did they find us?" Dustin asked. "I don't know, but they knew we were in the gym." I said. "Lando." Dustin implied. Thats when I noticed a light was coming from behind the door, our exist. Men with guns came busting through. We turned around ran back from where we came from. "Go, go, go, go, go!" Mike yelled. Y/N was starting to fall behind since she was no longer beside me she was behind me. "Come on!" I urged her on. We turned a corner and there they were too. "Back! Go back!" Mike ordered us. "Go, go! Go left!" He told us. They were right in front of us and behind us. We were trapped. Then I noticed a woman, she held a gun towards us. My immediate reaction was to guard Y/N and that's what I did. I stepped in front of her, I didn't want her to get hurt.

Everyone was screaming. I turned around and saw El looking aggressively at the people with guns.