horse • rides

a/n : gonna be a relatively short one, thx
also idk how to ride horses! i'm super sorry, but i had
a dream about this and decided to write it out. hope you guys enjoy!

BECCA'S POV

Today, my friends and I were scheduled to go horse riding - which would be the first time in my life.
I was excited, to say the least. My boyfriend of two years, Michael, was even more excited.

He was practically bouncing around my room, a giant grin on his face, "I can't wait, Becca. Do you think they'll let me pick which horse to ride?"

I shrugged and pushed an earring through the hole in my ear, "I dunno, Mikey. You'll have to ask."

He fell back on my bed, making snow angels in my comforter and messing it up. I glared over at him playfully. He caught my gaze and pushed himself to stand up, wrapping his arms around me from behind. He nuzzled his face into my neck and pressed a soft kiss to my skin.

"Don't feel bad if my horse is better than yours, baby." He mumbled, his eyes closed. I scoffed softly, turning around in his arms and cupping his cheeks, brushing my lips against his. He opened his eyes and leaned into me, smiling into the gentle kiss.

I whispered quietly against his warm lips, "Don't count on it."

He let out a quiet chuckle as I pulled away, and he gently smacked my bum as I walked to my dresser, pulling a black sports hoodie over my tank top and looking in the mirror, winking back at him.

His smile widened as he sat down on my bed to pull his white shoes onto his feet. His smile was one of the most charming sights.

I smoothed down my hoodie and made sure I looked okay before checking my phone, noticing the time. I gasped softly, bouncing on the balls of my feet, "We have to go, or we're gonna be late! They'll leave without us!"

He now stood beside me, snaking an arm around my waist and nibbling on my earlobe playfully, whispering as he did so.
"Don't worry, love."

I rolled my eyes at his constantly perverted actions and grabbed his warm hand, which was about two times larger than my own, and pulled him behind me. I grabbed his keys off my dresser before he could, along with his Deadpool wallet. I heard him huff in complaint behind me, but I just trotted downstairs with him in tow.

I nearly slipped on the tile, which caused him to snicker behind me, but he didn't fail to scoop me up into his arms. He pressed a kiss to my nose and opened the front door, carrying me out to his car.

"My knight in shining armor." I smiled to him as I plopped into his passenger seat. He grinned in response and ran around to the other side, slipping in and starting the car.

"Only the best for my princess." He said, distracted by backing out of the driveway and driving going on our way to the nearby trail and stables.

After about 15 minutes, we arrived to the location to see our friends all huddled up, glaring at Michael and I. Michael parked, and I slowly got out of the car with a small smile on my face.

"You're 15 minutes late, guys." Christine complained, gripping tightly onto Jeremy's hand. It was pretty cold outside, and they all looked red-nose and miserable. Jeremy looked like his hand was being crushed by a meat-beater, which it probably felt like it, but he smiled wearily nonetheless.

"Michael was probably gettin' sum." Rich snickered, his arm looped with Jake's . Jake gave us an apologetic smile.

"Michael wishes." I smirked, glancing over at him. He blushed brightly and intertwined his fingers with mine, nudging my side.

"Well, we are sorry for making you guys wait. Are you all ready, though?" Michael tilted his head.

They all snapped , "Yes!" simultaneously, which caused Michael to jump and me to laugh softly. We followed the group to to entrance where we were greeted with a petite girl. Her mouth was oddly big, and she had sparkling blue eyes.

She led us to a barn and got us all mounted on separate horses. Jeremy was in the stable next to me, and was mounted onto a horse named Milo.
Michael was on my other side, and was mounted on a horse named Little Man, that walked in circles in it's pen. It even nudged the lock to the cage a couple times.

My horse was named Minnow, and was white and black spotted. Minnow was relatively calm, and had really thick, long hair - the girl had told me the employees nicknamed him Rapunzel.

I could see the others down the line of pens, all of them sitting on tall horses one by one. Christine called my name and waved at me with a wide grin on her face, already getting to work on braiding her horses mane.

Eventually, after about ten or so minutes of getting everyone situated, the girl started opening the pens and leading our horses to a trail, telling us that we all needed to go single file. We did so, with the girl's horse in the lead so that she could guide us. Michael was behind her, I behind him, Jeremy behind me, Christine behind him, and so forth.

"I wanna be a cowboy, baby.." I heard Michael mutter to himself, which made me giggle a little. Sometimes he watched one too many vine compilations.

As we started to move, I heard the tour guide with the big mouth start giving us facts about what we saw around us, like tall trees or certain plants, and even about a mountain in the distance.

About five minutes into the trail, the tour guide started going a little faster, not realizing that we didn't know how to go faster to follow her. She must be new at this.
I groaned as Michael's horse stopped for a second, then walked a couple steps and stopped again. It repeated this for a while when we'd realized that we had lost the tour guide.

By now, all of us were complaining at Michael as he freaked , "I can't help it! He's bonkers!"

Finally, I told Michael to nudge his horse on the sides to get him to move, which worked well. 

"Your horse is so pretty." I heard Christine yell towards me as the path widened out, allowing her horse to pass Jeremy's and walk beside mine.

"I think I prefer yours, though." I said, smiling at her horse. It had big brown eyes and was jet black.

She started to say something, but bursted into laughter halfway through the sentence. I turned to look ahead of me to see Michael's horse prancing, causing Michael to bounce up and down on the saddle. I heard him yelp over and over, which caused me to break out in giggles.

"H-holy fu-CK!" Michael yelled as he bounced on his horse. Our whole group was laughing just at him, which went on for a minute until his horse sped up. The horses sudden actions caused Michael to scream like a little girl, and caused our horses to follow at the same pace.

I squeaked as I held tightly onto the reigns, and I had to force myself not to squeeze my eyes shut.

Then, his horse stood on two legs, and threw Michael off the back.

I heard Jeremy, Jake, and Rich start to laugh, but I gasped, pulling on the reigns and making my horse stop as Michael's trotted away. I jumped off my horse as quickly as I could and handed the reigns to Christine before racing over to Michael's side.

He groaned softly as I looked down at him, and he opened his beautiful eyes, "Fuck."

I laughed softly, leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. He sat up and gently reached up to pinch my cheek, grinning.

"You're my cowgirl in shining armor."