my precious

your POV

I awaken to the dark surroundings of a desolate cave, and the soft wheezing of a creature lying next to me. A glinting object on my ring finger catches my eye. A gold ring with strange engravings etched into it is wrapped tightly against my skin.
'What the hell? Where am I?" I ask, my eyes adjusting to the darkness. I roll over, noticing a pale, crumpled figure curled up under the covers.
Only moments later, I hear whispers coming from the creature.
I clear my throat to get his attention, and his hissing is cut short. He rolls over to facing me, and I gasp in horror at his physique. He is pale and shriveled with black balding hair. His teeth are yellow and pointed sharply, and his fingernails are thick and peeling.
I inch away as he grins at the ring on my finger affectionately.
"Um.. who are you? Where am I?" I demand, still horrified from the creature in front of me.
He just stared fixedly at the ring, his eyes large. He slowly lifted his hand and tried to snatch the ring off of my finger, not before I l1smacked his cold hand away in disgust.
He hissed and glared at me.
"How do you have the precious!" He screeched accusingly.
I looked into his round yellow eyes; puzzled as to what he was talking about.
"WHAT?!" I yelled; fed up with his nonsense.
The creature looked taken aback, "The- the precious?" He whispered, looking me up and down as though I was crazy to not know what he meant.
I snickered, shaking my head. "Okay. I have no idea what you're talking about." I climbed off of the bed. "If you're referring to this ring on my finger?" I lifted my hand, pointing to the gold jewelry. His eyes gleamed hopefully. "You can have it." As I went to pull the ring off my finger, I had a second thought. "Wait... what do you want with it?" The creatures eyes flickered from the ring and my gaze.
He looked bewildered. "It's-it's the precious!" He hissed wildy.
I held up my hand, stopping him. "Why do you keep calling it that?! It doesn't seem so 'precious' to me.."
"How can you say that you rotten, ungrateful-"
"Woah woah woah! Back off!" I say, stepping backwards to avoid his clammy hands swiping at me from the bed.
"I'm sorry I insulted your 'precious,' could you explain what you mean in full detail?"