five

mark paced back and forth in his room, unsure of his next move.

should i confront him and tell him how i think i feel? or should i sit back and watch before doing anything?

he decided to play safe and sit back.

knock knock.

"come in."

"mark hyung."

mark froze. he wasn't expecting jinyoung to come knocking on his door after what had happened barely two hours ago.

yes, he'd been hiding in his room for the past two hours, thinking—and jinyoung had been doing the exact same thing.

"y-yes?"

mark didn't know why he stuttered.

"did you...um see the sharpie i left behind?"

jinyoung didn't want his voice to come out shaky, he didn't want mark to know he'd been crying.

however, that was exactly what caught the elder's attention, how vulnerable and shaky his voice was. mark finally gaining the courage to look at jinyoung. taking in jinyoung's dishevelled hair, tear-stained cheeks and bloodshot eyes, his eyes widened in surprise. concern laced his voice as he tried to steady it.

"jinyoung...why were you crying?"

subconsciously, both boys had shuffled closer like they did earlier in the day at the ice-cream truck.

"i..i..that was a mistake. ignore what i wrote, what i pasted on your wall, please."

at that very moment, anger surged through mark's veins, causing him clench his fists.

he didn't know why he was angry.

"a mistake? you dumped all those post-its, the heartfelt notes, on me, and then you come and tell me two hours later that it was a mistake?"

"i'm sorry."

jinyoung turned and walked out of the room, tears starting to fall all over again.

mark saw it, and his heart squeezed when he heard jinyoung sobbing outside his bedroom door.

he slumped against the wall, his head in his hands.

he needed to know his feelings and be sure of it as soon as possible.

__________

speed chapter :3

this chapter was too short for my liking but more is to come in the next, i promise you.

i decided to write a chapter when i noticed my book hit 100 READS!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, YES YOU.

like whaaaa i never imagined it to hit a three digit number of reads.

i'm really thankful for all y'all readers and please keep the feedback coming, i appreciate it :)

i hope you liked this chapter and happy reading!