Six

The assessment:

2:45pm

School has finished. I go out of the school gates and see Thor getting into his car and driving away. Maybe he just forgot. I tell myself, just like every other day. I realise that I forgot my stuff in the auditorium. I quickly go and retrieve it. Only to see that I'm nearly late getting home. I run out of the gates and run across the road. Barely checking if there are any cars. My ankles still hurt from running every other day, but I still run. I don't stop. Not even at the lights.

3:25pm

I arrive home 10 minutes late, again. Odin is mad. Frigga is drunk. Thor is desperate. Like usual. I walk into the kitchen. It was messy from top to bottom. I'll be the one to have to clean this. I get to work with the pots when Odin comes in. He throws his bottle at my head, scraping along my skin, it only just misses. He rants to me about how I'm useless and a waste of space. And how I silently agree. He gives me several slaps and kicks.He drags me upstairs to the game room. I whimper when he starts. I'm forced to be quiet as usual. He has his fun for a few hours. It includes several straps and handcuffs, gags and strange painful machines. He takes his time and doesn't rush it. Unless he knows that it'll hurt. Then he'll do it faster, causing more pain. He usually videos it. He only videoed some of it today.

5:50pm

I make tea for everyone. Still sore from odins game. Frigga criticised it, throwing her empty bottles at me. This time they didn't miss. I had to pull a large shard of it out of my chest and arm. One very nearly struck me in my throat. Which I would not have minded to happen. I then spent a few hours restlessly cleaning. Every time I bended or stretched my legs, I could feel the pain coursing through my body.

7:10pm

Thor takes me to the attic again. He starts his version of the game. He doesn't video it but instead adds as much pain as possible. He doesn't use a liquid to make it easier, nor does Odin. Thor has more nervy and goes on and on for longer. He made all these strange positions which caused a lot from me not to yell out and scream in pain. I had sort of gotten use to it as its happened everyday for the last 11 years. Weekends were worse because they could go on for longer.

10:13pm

I went downstairs to make everyone supper. I was allowed crust of a slice of bread today. It was better than yesterday, but I learn to cope. Frigga slapped me and kicked me, she drew out some matches and lit several patches of my skin. She then got Odin to strangle me with all sorts. I knew what was coming next. She got a bucket and ducked my head in it for a few minutes. Gradually getting longer. When I was allowed to emerge, my lungs let out enough water to cover for two glasses. After that she got out her favourite knife. Slowly but painfully drawing blood on several parts of my body.

11:01pn

I cleaned up after everyone and Odin pushed me down the stairs into the basement-my room. Whilst he did so, he added a string of insults. Once the light was flicked off from the outside, and the door clicked lock. I drew out the blade and used it on my arms. I sat for a few minutes rethinking the day through and whether or not I should slice my throat. I fought against it and began to write this instead. The sound of dripping through the floorboards was soon leaking onto my hair. I dragged the one thin sheet around me. I had to sleep in my own dry and fresh blood. As usual.