Chapter 3

Kim

"It didn't go well Nic. Honestly I tried being nice, but she was insisting that she was fine. I tried to tell her that we all love her and support her, and so got so mad with me. She stormed off and drove away, and she hasn't text or called since. It's only been three days but I feel bad, I didn't want her to feel ambushed. But the way she reacted.. I don't understand. It's like she has her back up. There must be something going on, but I've fucked it up now so I doubt she'll confide in me anytime soon" I sigh, leaning back on the sofa. Nic takes a sip of her coffee and puts her hand on mine.

"Kim babe, you haven't done anything wrong at all, you were trying to be there for her! She shouldn't have gone off at you like that, it's not fair on you, you were only kind to her. Don't think you've done anything wrong. If she has a problem, we're clearly going to have to wait and see if she'll decide to open up to us. But there's nothing else we can do. Let her get over sulking and hopefully she'll realise that she owes you an apology"

I smile at Nic, and I'm so glad I invited her over. I've spent the last three days worrying about Cheryl and feeling guilty that I'd upset her. But deep down I know that Nicola is right, and I didn't really do anything wrong. I just wish Cheryl would be more open with me.

"Have you seen the track list Hilary has emailed us?" Nic asks, changing the subject.

"Yeah, I replied saying it all looked good. Were there any that you didn't like?"

"I agreed with all the suggestions. I can't wait to get into rehearsals and get this whole reunion started" Nicola beams.

We sit and gossip, recalling old memories of tours that have passed, and my mind is finally distracted from worrying about Cheryl. If she doesn't want to open up, what more can I do?

**

Cheryl

 The alarm blares in my ear and I groan wanting to roll over and turn it off, but knowing I have to get up. The last place I want to be going today is this stupid meeting, but I know if I don't, everyone will be mad at me.

I haven't spoken to Kim in 6 days, since I stormed out of her house, and I feel uneasy about seeing her today. We don't usually talk to each other every single day, but the fact we left on such a bad note makes the silence between us mean a whole lot more.

I get out of bed and spend a while doing my makeup, trying to make myself look a lot more awake than I really am. I go to my wardrobe and stare at all my clothes, trying to choose an outfit, and finally settle on blue skinny jeans, a tight grey t-shirt and some grey heels. I get ready and realise the time, so quickly hurry out the door and into my car. As I drive, I think this is going to be a long day.

**

I slide in and sit down just in time, and I don't pay attention to any of the other girls looks to me as Hilary begins talking.

"Okay girls, so the track list for the album has been decided, and I've left a copy of it on the table. This week I hope you have no plans because we're going full speed ahead with photo shoots for the next three days for the album. Then next week, we're going to be starting the promo and interviews. So Tuesday we have Capital FM, Wednesday BBC Radio One and also Heart Radio. I've also managed to get Jonathan Ross for Saturday night. After then we'll start thinking about rehearsals for tour, releasing tour dates and one of the new singles off the album. Any questions?" Everyone simply nods, trying to take in all of the information that has just been thrown at us.

"Okay so obviously because it's been a while, you've all changed, so Lois is here today to get some measurements for outfits for the shoots. She's in charge of the design for tomorrow, so hang around a bit so she can make sure she has all your up to date measurements. On this piece of paper is the address for tomorrow and we need you there 8am sharp please ladies, thank you." Smiles Hilary, as she gathers together some pieces of paper and stands up, instantly making an important phone call.

"Okay, who wants to go first?" Lois asks, pulling out a tape measure.

I just want to leave as soon as possible without having to talk to the other girls, so I quickly volunteer. I go over to Lois and see she already has a list of our old measurements from a couple of years ago, and she begins wrapping the tape measure around me and making notes.

I can hear the other girls chatting behind me, and they all seem to be ignoring me, which I am glad about. I'm still annoyed at them for all talking about me to Kim behind my back, so I'm happy that they're not trying to act friendly with me.

"You've lost a load of weight Cheryl!" Lois says, comparing my measurements. "You look bloody amazing, whatever you're doing, keep doing it!"

I beam with pride and thank her for the compliment. As she finishes up her measurements I feel full of confidence after her reassuring words. Whatever I'm doing, I will keep on doing it, because I look good and I know I do. And the girls can go fuck themselves.

Lois writes down her final measurement and tells me she's done. I thank her and quickly grab my bag, making a beeline for the door. I  hurry through the exit, and just as the door swings closed, I hear Nicola call my name. I hesitate for a moment, but carry on walking, pretending that I didn't hear her.