Chapter Fourteen- Observations

~~Ash POV~~

The meeting finished while the class was still in session. Kaname stayed behind to further discuss some matters with the headmaster alone. I was heading to class to join Avery and Rei. Eventually, I will have to explain everything to Rei while Avery was not around. I don't want to worry her with what is going on. She seems to be oblivious to her newly developing powers. After we get Avery settled I will pull Rei away and see what all he knows that occurred at the confined walls of the institute.

Zero disappeared to somewhere. If my guesses are correct he will be going to find where little Yuki had run off to. I quickened my pace and arrived in our classroom. When I opened the door I was tackled and the room erupted in light laughter. I looked at Avery who had a soft smile as she stood up and offered me her hand which I accepted.

I chuckled, "I should be late more often if this is how I'm greeted."

"I missed you, brother! Rei was being mean to me." She pouted then Rei stood up.

"No, I wasn't." He defended himself.

"Yes, you were!" She shot back at him they turned to me, "He refused to have a movie night with me." It was nice to know that she hasn't fully changed.

"That's because you have bad taste in movies!" I sighed at those two arguing.

"Avery do you still want a movie night?" I leaned down to her height and she nodded.

"Will you watch movies with me?" she asked with a glint of hope in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, but I can't. You see Rei and I have some business to handle later." Her eyes dropped and sadness filled them.

"Oh." hurt was evident in her voice.

"I wasn't finished yet. I'm sure if you asked Rima and Shiki or even Aido would agree to watch movies with you." Her eyes lit up brightly as she smiled.

"That's a great idea!" Then she turned to the rest of the class who were listening in on our conversation. "Well, that is if you all want to." Everyone chorused in agreement.

So it's settled I have a way to speak with Rei without Avery being involved and at the same time, she will be safe and occupied. Since they will most likely be watching her favorites she probably won't try to sneak away from them. I just can't ensure everyone else's safety.

"I can't wait!" she spun in a circle. Everyone was delighted as well. It was clear that the night class has taken a liking to her despite everything especially her pranking. Even Ruka seems to be more open with her.

I watched her as she ran up to Takuma and grabbed his hand, "Takuma lets go to the dorms and get everything set up."

"Of course Princess Avery." He smiled.

In the small course of time, they have managed to become close friends seeing as they have a lot in common. I approve of it seeing as she needs to have other friends than just Rei and myself and Kaname. After Yuki acting in such a way towards her Takuma has filled the hole of hurt that she caused.

Avery dragged Takuma behind her as she approached me, "Is it okay for us to leave early?" She asked.

"Go ahead and make sure not to burn the dorm down while making popcorn. I know how you are." She blushed knowing I was right.

I watched as they left the room then told Rei to meet me at the headmaster's office.

[Edited May 2020]