Chapter Twenty-Six: Mission failure.

Suddenly I was yanked to my feet by Zero, who pulled me behind himself. He stood protectively in front of me.

"Stay behind me." Zero's voice was serious and he kept his eyes pointed straight ahead.

I peeked around his form to see what had sent him in a panic. There were ten guards slowly approaching, leaving us outnumbered. I could feel my heart start to beat faster. I closed my eyes and took a breath in a shaky attempt to remain calm.

I was in a panic, this shouldn't be happening right now. Everything was supposed to work perfectly. Our plan was formed without any faults. We had all of our moves planned out.

I concentrated on the darkness and formed my sword. It was an elegant black color that was more lightweight and feminine than Ash's.

"Miss Angelo, Mr. Sakurai requests your presence. We were ordered to collect you and deliver you to him." A guard, who I spotted as Michael, stepped up and said.

Zero was filled with rage, "Over my dead body," He stepped forward.

I put a hand on his chest and lightly pushed him back, "Stay out of this Zero. I can handle this."

He grunted and hesitantly stepped back. I readied myself by bringing up my sword.

"Miss Angelo, we did not come here to fight you," Michael spoke again, although the other guards were ready to attack.

"I am not willingly going to that man." Michael, understanding that he couldn't sway my decision, readied himself.

Then the fight began.

Two guards at a time strategically came at me. Their aim was only to disable me. I swiftly jumped back. I placed one hand on a surrounding tree and controlled the shadows of the branches. The shadows wrapped violently around the guards. Slowly I began to close my hand, which tightened the grip I had on the guards.

I heard a crash that took my attention away from the captured guards. I turned to see Zero pushing away a sword, that was aimed at my head, with Bloody Rose.

In my state of shock, I loosened my grip on the guards. I noticed that a trail of blood was dripping from Zero' s hand. My throat began to burn. I stumbled trying to back away.

Two hands grasped my arms in a tight grip, rendering me immobile.

"Now Miss Angelo, the games are over." I heard Michael said as he lead me into the building.

I could hear Zero fighting trying to get to me. When I glanced over at him, one guard held him down with his arms behind his back. There was another guard who had his foot on Zero's back to keep him from thrashing around.

[Edited May 2020]