Free Period

Toby's POV

Miya and I decided that we would break into, sorry, calmly sneak into the Blofis household during our free period.

We both had free period right after lunch, so we just skipped the food and drove over.

Our goal was to find out more about Percy and where he went, and maybe about those other teenagers we saw last night.

We snuck around to the back of the building and climbed the fire escape. We went up and up and up until we came to a room that was blue.

The bed had recently been slept in and there was a picture in the wall of Percy and Annabeth when they were together.

The window was still open a little bit, so we slid it open all the way and climbed in.

I walked up to the desk in the corner of the room. There was a strange looking necklace resting atop an orange t-shirt that read Camp Half- something. I didn't want to disturb the folding just to read it.

"Hey, Annabeth was wearing a necklace just like that, wasn't she?" Miya asked. I nodded, remembering her habits of twisting the beads.

There was a photo album sitting in the desk as well with a picture of Percy kissing Annabeth.

It was actually pretty cute

It was actually pretty cute. It was the same picture that was on Annabeth's wallpaper.

I was about to open it when a voice behind me said, "If you wanted answers, you could've just asked."

I was paralyzed with fear. Annabeth stood in the doorway, twirling a pen in her hand. And here we were, rummaging through her boyfriends stuff while we were supposed to be at school.

She sighed and sat in the bed. "His." She said, showing us the pen. It read Anaklusmos. "Riptide." Annabeth translates. "He loved this pen."

I found it a little strange that someone would love a simple ballpoint pen, but okay.

Annabeth grabbed the photo album and sat on the bed. I sat on her left, Miya on the right.

"My friends at camp put this together for me after the funeral."

I didn't want to ask who's funeral. Isn't that weird or something? What if it was her grandmother?

She started showing us pictures from this 'summer camp' they go to, and relationship moments and friends. It was pretty cool.

"We we're taking dramatic selfies," Annabeth explained, "and the boys got a little excited."

"That's Jason Grace. And this is his girlfriend, one of my best friends, Piper."