Chapter 8- Coming To Terms

Jung Hoseok-

I paced back and forth in my room. What was taking Yoongi hyung so long? I looked at my phone to check if there was any text messages from him, but I only got a voice- mail. It was not from him, but my mom.

Hi, my Hobi! I was calling, but you weren't answering your phone. Maybe you were busy. Anyways, I just wanted to call to give you some good news. I found a perfect house, just for the two of us! Because of this, I thought that maybe you can come home with me this week, instead of staying there for five months. How awesome is that! It's not really decided yet, I will still have to check with Dr.Kim, since he is the one giving permission to discharge you. I will come by his office some time tomorrow, and we will all have a meeting together. I love you my son! See you tomorrow.

I almost dropped my phone when I heard what she said. This week?!? No, that can't happen. I haven't even confessed to Hyeri yet. I'm not ready to leave. I sat down on my bed and tried to think. Think, Hobi. How can you stay here longer? Suddenly, an idea came to me, and I smiled.

"Dr.Kim." I muttered.

                                                                           ***

"Wait Hoseok, let me repeat what you just said." Dr.Kim said with a laugh. "You want to stay longer at this hospital?"

I just nodded seriously.

"You know, many people are trying get out of here, not stay in." He said.

"I guess I am an exception. So when my mom comes in, can you just tell her that I need to stay longer?" I said with a smile. He sat back on his chair.

"I'll try, but it won't be easy." He replied. I nodded my head and leaned closer.

"Dr. Kim?" I asked quietly. He looked up at me with an amusing look.

"Yes, Hoseok?"

"What would you do if you liked someone, but it's hard to tell this person how you feel?" I asked. He just laughed and shook his head.

"You know, one of my other patients had the same situation." He said.

"So what did you say to this patient?" I muttered.

"I said something along the lines of how you should never cower behind your emotions. You need to face them with bravery. And you may never know if it's for the better or worse." He said to me. That's good advice.

"If you don't mind me asking Hoseok, why exactly do wan't to stay longer?" He asked. I looked at him and smiled.

"I have some unfinished business with someone."

                                                                        ***

As my mother walked to Dr.Kim's office, I felt unusually nervous. Would he really try to convince my mother? The secretary let us in his office and we sat down. Dr. Kim looked at me and smiled a little bit.

"So Dr.Kim, has my son been getting better?" My mother asked.

"Hoseok has been doing well. We have been monitoring his progress, and it seems like his eating and sleeping patterns have been back to normal." He said. That's only because of Hyeri.

"Does this mean he could leave now?" My mother questioned.

"Although your son has been doing great at this hospital, we would like to keep him here for a little while."

"How long is a little while, Dr.Kim?" She asked. He looked at me with a worried look. We didn't actually think about this. How do I tell him? I suddenly had a brilliant idea. While he was looking at me, I mouthed 'one month' to him. He nodded his head and faced my mother.