Rejected- Part 1

Part 1

“Johnny Boy! I’m home!” I yell as I walk into the house my four best bros and I live in. “John?” I feel a slight tremor in the floor and smirk knowing I have him right where I want him. I turn using a roundhouse kick to the his gut before I deck him and pin him to the ground. Then with an arm against his neck I whisper, “You’re going to have to do better than that to sneak up on me pretty boy.”

“Damn it, Gem! How do you do that?” David asked with his hazel eyes piercing into my blue ones.

“What can I say? I was trained well.”

“Yeah, after you came here,” Bradley says behind me. I turn around and see that he is wearing a scowl with a distant look in his eyes as if remembering the complete shipwreck I was when I came here.

“Aw, is someone a sad doggy?” I ask.

He must have sensed the teasing lilt in my voice because he looks at me appalled, his mouth hanging open and his eyes narrowed. “I am not a dog!”

“Whatever, Scooby,” I laugh. “Now shut your mouth before you catch a toad!”

“Don’t you mean flies?” Bradley looks at me like I’m stupid.

“Your mouth is too big to just catch flies.” I reply as I walk away.

“It’s true, you know.”

“Hey! Is not!”

“Is too!”

“Is not!”

“Is too!”

I laugh at their bickering while I walk away. My feet take me to the kitchen. I grab a big plate of lasagna and start to heat it up in the microwave. Ugh. One minute thirty seconds, so long. I bend over and put my chin on the counter with my arms dangling down as I stare at the microwave, silently begging it to go faster.

“What are you doing?”

I glance at Lucas from the corner of my eye. “Trying to kill myself through overexposure to low levels of radiation.”

“I thought you were microwaving stuff?”

“Really?” I ask sarcastically. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! “Finally!” I scream.

“Someone’s eager!” John says.

“Someone’s chipper!” David exclaims.

“Since when did everyone decide to invade my time with this slice of dreamy lasagna ecstasy?!”

“Since now,” Bradley then decides to come take half my lasagna in one bite.

“Hey!”

“What? I was just testing your toad theory! I would like to inform you that you were correct,” Bradley says.

“When am I not?”

“Don’t be arrogant,” Lucas warns.

“I would say ‘don’t be stupid’, but I’m not sure that’s possible,” I reply.

“Uh, Gemini?”

“Yeah, J?”

“I think you better run, he looks like he’s going to beat you up.”