Part 3

Max rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, glancing around the room before his eyes landed on the empty pillow beside him. He frowned ever so slightly, before he saw the note that was lying on the pillow. He picked it up from it's spot and examined it. The note simply had a number, which confused Max. He flipped it over, and saw that it was one to a wedding planner, along with a small heart. He smiled, as he knew that to be something Ian did quite often. Little romantic gestures like these were ones that Max truly appreciated, as well as the more grand ones.

Max decided to take a shower before anything else, grabbing his outfit and heading for the bathroom. He stepped in, and turned the knob to the spot he always did, yelping when the cold water hit his back. He quickly hopped out, in that moment opting to skip a shower. He wasn't surprised, as Ian often used most if not all of the hot water.

He slipped on his clothes, and went out to their living room, not before grabbing his phone. He held the note, dialing the number into his phone. It rung a few times, before he heard a click, indicating that the other party had answered. It was a second before anyone answered.

"Hello, this is Miller's Wedding Planning Service, how may I help you?" The voice was noticeably smooth, and Max hesitated before answering.

"H-hello, um, me and my fiance recently got engaged, like, last night, and we have no clue how any of this works, so I was hoping you could help me." Max internally kicked himself for stuttering, and he blushed when he heard a chuckle come from the line.

"Well, I am a wedding planner after all." It was Max's turn to laugh. They spoke a while longer, Max giving a brief summary of what he might look for, and they set up an appointment. By the time Max hung up, he felt confident that there day of marriage was going to be perfect. Little did he know, it was going to get a whole lot better.