Chapter 4: "The Talk" Part 2

Percy's POV

I have been pacing in front of my bed thinking of life and my mom. Both of moms actually.

I always wonder what my birth mom was like but I am afraid of asked my mom because I think she will get mad.

I wish I could remember what happened to her.

I guess I was so deep in thought i didn't even hear my mom entering my room.

Not until I hear her sweet calming voice that makes me just want to tell her all your secrets. Not that I have many secrets from her.

"Percy, hello, are you okay?" She asked trying not to sound too worried.

"Yeah mom I am fine," I said with the biggest smile I could come up with.

"Honey, what's on your mind," she said while sitting on my bed and patting the spot next to her.

I let out a sign and walked over to her. I sat down and put my head on her shoulder.

"Mom, I have just been thinking a lot about my birth mom especially on my birthday," I said to my mom with sadness and not knowing the reaction that I would receive.

"Honey, is that what you have been thinking about when you were deep in thought?" She said after signing.

"Yeah, sorry I didn't tell you mom," I said as I hung my head in shame.

"Oh, Percy you know you don't have to hide things from me," she said as she cupped my face in her hands making me look at her.

"But, do you mind telling me who she was and what exactly happened," I said trying to hide my excitement.

"Yeah, sure Percy but, you have to have breakfast first and then we can talk all about it," she said as a motherly yet calming and warm voice.

"Ok, let's go," i said with a big smile on my face.

Hestia's POV

I walk into Percy's room but I don't think me even noticed me.

"Percy, hello, are you okay," I say as I try not to get too worried.

"Yeah mom I am fine," he said as he tried to put on a big smile but if you looked close enough you would notice that it's fake.

"Honey, what's on your mind," I said as i sat down on his bed and patted the empty spot gesturing for him to sit next to me.

He signs as he sits down beside me and puts his head on my shoulder.

"Mom, I have just been thinking a lot about my birth mom especially on my birthday," He says with sadness and uncertainty in his voice.

I know that this time was going to come sooner than later but, i just wanted to delay it for as long as possible. I guess its time he learns the truth about himself.

"Honey, is that what you have been thinking about when you were deep in thought?" I said as kindly as i can after signing.

"Yeah, sorry I didn't tell you mom," he said as he hung his head in shame.

I hate seeing my son like this. I wish i could do something to stop making him feel like this. I guess even a goddess is not powerful enough to do something like that.

"Oh, Percy you know you don't have to hide things from me," I say as i cup his face and make him look at me instead of hanging his head. I use a little bit of my powers to make him feel better but, i know that i can't delay this topic any longer.

"But, do you mind telling me who she was and what exactly happened," he said as he tried to contain his excitement.

"Yeah, sure Percy but, you have to have breakfast first and then we can talk all about it," I said as lovingly as i possibly could knowing this was a sensitive subject.

"Ok, let's go," he said with a big smile.

I could tell it wasn't a fake smile this time instead a honest one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I hope you are having a great start of the year.

Please comment and share your thoughts.

Have a good day.