Beautiful Words(32)

Aminat

"I'll check up on Hamza, hurry up and get ready for breakfast".I tell Abdullah who lets out a loud groan then smashes the pillow on his face. I chuckle at his childishness then sit beside him and take the pillow off his face.

"Morning". He whispers.

"Morning".

"Tired?".

He nods in reply and yawns dramatically before laying his head on my lap. I laugh at his gesture then kiss his head.

"Come on your son has to get ready now who will help him if am here". I whisper.

With that he sits up instantly and smiles.

"You go".

He gets up and rushes into the bathroom. I let out an amused chuckle then walk out of our room and into Hamza's room which is right beside ours.

What I witnessed in front of me  however had me in tears. I just met with the most beautiful scene ever.

A tear drops as Hamza shifts on his prayer mat. He closes his Qur'an and stands up then walks to his bookshelf and places it there before walking back to his prayer mat and folding it up.

I wipe my tears immediately and smile.

"Hamza". I call.

He turns around to face me with a small smile on his face.

"Asalam Alaykum". He greets.

"Walaykum Salam beta did you sleep well?".

"Yeah. You?"

I smile and nod then walk into his room fully.

"You pray very well for a 5 year old Mashallah".

I kiss his forehead gently and he smiles at my comment.

"I always watch didi pray since I was 3 and I learned from her. She taught me how to read the Qur'an too". He explains with a smile on his face.

"Mashallah that's very good. Hamza I just want you to know that I know this time of your life is very hard for you b-"

"I know it's Allah's will. He created us and he can take us when he wants. I can't be angry or upset about what he has the right to do".

'"Ya Allah, Mashallah beta your very very smart",I smile then pick him up and kiss his cheek. He smiles and hugs me and am suddenly filled with excitement and love for him.

I can't believe such beautiful words came out of a 5 year old. This is amazing.

7We both walk down the stairs hand in hand. Everyone at the dining table looks towards us with smiles on their faces.

"Asalam Alaykum",everyone greets.

"Walaykum Salam",Hamza and I reply.

Everyone looks shockingly at him before smiles filled the room.

I pick Hamza up and place him in his seat next to Yusuf who waves at him. Hamza returns the wave and Ismaeel also waves then they all just wave at each other and giggle at their own actions.

Abdullah jogs down the stairs two at a time.

"Abdullah take a step at a time". I tell him when he reaches the dining table.

"Nothing will happen". He stresses.

"Your not teaching Hamza anything by not listening",I smack his shoulder playfully which made everyone laugh.

"Sit down".

He takes a seat beside Hamza who smiles which made Abdullah smile also.

"Abdullah you should stay today, spend time with Hamza and your wife, your brothers and I will take over the business today". Baba says.

"Can I spend tome with my wife too?". Sahil yells from the living room.

"Shut up lazy goat".Abdullah smacks his head.

We all laugh at Sahil who had a frown on his face.

"Well sorry babe not happening today". He blows into Daneen's face who folds her arms while glaring st him.

"Ooo babe". Abdullah wiggles his eyebrows at Daneen who gasps loudly then her face goes red.

She starts hitting Sahil who's trying to run away from her. The kids burst out laughing then soon we're all laughing.